September Declutter and Organization, 2016

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

September Declutter and Organization, 2016

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:44 am

Does your house need to transition to a regular declutter and organization schedule?

September is a traditional transition month. Schools start up, weather starts to give us hints that change is coming. If August stifled you with the heat (or Lynlee with the cold), September comes along and gives some relief, air flow ;) , and a sense of possibilities.

When it's September, it's kinda hard to pretend the holidays are far away! The "Plans" are already starting up, with List Week, for instance, on the Holiday Grand Plan, underway.

How would it help YOUR house to have a new PLAN for clearing spaces and organizing storage?

What would help you most - 15 minutes a day faithfully? A big push :arrow: once a week? Measuring the "donation" or "toss" boxes and bags, either by size and number or by weight? Buying some new storage supplies or cleaning supplies, for fresher smells and prettier views?

Whatever your plan, we hope you'll tell about it here and let us cheer. It will do us good and maybe we'll try to keep up!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: September Declutter and Organization, 2016

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:01 pm

I really need to be accountable here over the next 6 weeks. Have a lot of cleaning/clearing out to do. Trying to find more things that I really do not need or use and get them out of here. So maybe I need to commit to 15 minutes a day for cleaning out drawers, shelves, etc. I'm on!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm with you needing accountability, too, Dee.

This week will be office decluttering for me, so I'll jump into that constant need!

Got a little ahead on my next week work, though, because HRH wanted to declutter his side of the master closet. He really did a lot and then called me in to help him for more decision-making and finish. We have 1 tall kitchen trash bag for donation :D and 2 for tossing. So that's a great help.

To stay ahead of the cleaning focus weeks, I'll be found in:
9/5 office or other room
9/12 closets
9/19 laundry area
9/26 storage

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Decluttered some old jeans this month.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:08 pm

great work dear ladies!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks blessed!
I noticed how changing out the decor from summer to fall was less cluttered yea!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:57 am

Also getting nervous about the holidays looming. I am looking at things but know any cleaning I do at this point will need redone. Dusty, sandy outside, things never stay nice very long.

Today I suggested (hopefully) to DH that we get rid of the juvenile plastic picnic table that takes up too much space on our back porch. He had put threaded rods underneath to strengthen it because the teenagers from church had been known to sit on it. DGS stood on the bench seat and it cracked; DH today made a remark about that and I pointed out that it was very old and probably brittle plastic now and not surprising given DGSs size. Finally he agreed...so we propped it up where we could reach it and took it all apart to save his rods and I filled an empty garbage can with all the pieces. So glad to have that gone!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Ya'll deserve gold stars ✫✫✫✫ for your work from small things like jeans to large like children's furniture.

Today I am leaving closets and time to think about laundry area for next week.

Dd's closet has been worked on quite a bit. It is still not easy to get to all clothes hanging space, but I see the problem and can advise her to put a few easily-moved storage boxes to underbed and ta-da, that's handled.

My laundry area is a no-brainer as far as what needs to be done. I have a large basket of items that need to be well-organized into cabinets. Easy to know WHAT to do, it's the how to do it. Pulling everything out and starting over, I guess! This is a sort of dreaded task, but it's the one that's up. it's just called w-o-r-k, that's all. ;)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:13 pm

Yep I need to restart this I am in a transition time as fall is nearly upon us I'm in the creativity room and deciding what needs to go. I am going to let go of knitting stuff, keep weaving stuff. I put one bags of weaving stuff down stairs neumerous totes bags & purses have left the house. I have the yarn closet and yarn dresser to tackle next. :roll: I got inspired going to a yard sale up the street. :idea: carry on.

More stuff is down stairs bags for bagging up things before they leave the house. More weaving stuff. I cleared a dresser off and that freed up sone space in the living room. I need to move the cart in wheels out of the living room. And rethink the table in there.

I have two small trash cans to empty. Kids stuff to rethink next.

I got the stuff delivered that I had loaded for donating.
Garbage can is full so no more decluttering till Tues. P m or Wed.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:31 pm

Three stacks of knitting mags left the house today yea. They are going to a knitting shop.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”