November Declutter and Organization, 2016

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

November Declutter and Organization, 2016

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Clear surfaces, organized cubbies and lovely living spaces are available to us with just the commitment to manageable declutter appointments. Here in this monthly thread, we encourage each other to commit to 15 minutes of clutter control time per day, OR the equivalent on other schedules. We hope you'll join us.

Never feel you are alone if you have clutter struggles. We know how to move stuff over and sit and chat with you anyway.

ClutterCouch2016.jpg

We know where you are because we've been right there (and then have faltered after decluttering and ended up there again… … twice or three times :oops: ). We know the same prospect looms for our future if we don't stay vigilant! Clutter is picking a fight with ALL of us. We are with you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harriet

Re: November Declutter and Organization, 2016

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:58 pm

Wow. Just look at the time (of year!). For Focus Calendar, it's MAINTENANCE already!

To review the special plans for month of November household tidying (or rather, less tidying more holiday), Here's Your Slide to the Cleaning forum, and check out two things:

1) The Maintenance sticky thread is the fourth thread. Inside, there's a "contents" list for it in the first post, so you can click on whichever week this month and go to that week's tips. If you have the U.S. Thanksgiving date of Nov 24 looming large, these are great scheduling ideas for a prepared home.

2) The new November thread is also up now, just under the "sticky" threads, ready for chat.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:05 pm

I have gathered some items to toss, plus a bag to donate it ready to go or is loaded.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:58 am

:D :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Delivered donations.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:10 am

Man! If you took that couch out of the picture and inserted either my dining room table or my kitchen counters or my kitchen table, that'd be my house.

I don't know how I'm going to do holiday this year or get ready for Christmas. :shock:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:13 am

I delivered donations today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:15 pm

I did not have terrible embarrassment or anything while dd36's family were guests and others visited with us. But I noticed areas getting away from me. Dd's room is not the attractive place it was when dd36 last visited. Kitchen required me to get up early every morning to get as much cleaning done as possible so that the spaces would be clear enough rather than cluttered. As usual, the areas people need (front rooms plus hall/stairs and master bed/bath) are really pleasant. But dd's room, HRH's upstairs office, and my office and sewing area, ... ... oh my.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”