Declutter Strategy Meeting, January 2017

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
ellyphant

Re: Declutter Strategy Meeting, January 2017

Postby ellyphant » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:38 am

DVD player died, so that is thrown out. Yay for one less remote! DH has a game system that plays dvds, so all is well.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Good job, ellyphant! Right, if it can be replaced by another appliance, let it go and don't look back!

I am hoping to move forward, now, on office, with at least a couple big projects to a stop-and-put-away point. Ds, especially, needs to use my desk sometimes and I feel embarrassment. He always says it's no big deal, but I'm sure he thinks, good grief, Mom! He almost used the church letterhead for fire department paperwork he was doing. :roll: Got to organize!

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:11 pm

One box dropped off at G oodwill last week while running errands in that town. It included Christmas misc, a few books (I have such a hard time letting go of books), & some misc clothing.

The Organizer's clipboard does not have too much written on it, Harriet. It basically says that closets, cupboards & drawers are crammed with too much stuff. I'm committed to working in my Zones this year because of that. When she got to the attic she felt a little dizzy & had to sit down ;) . On her clipboard under the Attic section she wrote "Declutter" with three exclamation points.

This week is Office & Dining Room. I must have picked up the shredding vibe from Harmony because I shredded a pile of old tax papers from 2009 yesterday so it could go out for weekly garbage pickup. Today I've decluttered a few dozen emails, & cleaned out the drawer that holds restaurant & store coupons in the china hutch. After lunch I want to completely empty the top drawer in my desk, & only put back what is really needed there.

I'm so happy to see Ellyphant here! :D

Good job, everyone.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Right back at you, DOVE! :)

Threw out a small rug previous owner's left behind in garage. Was using it to hide an ugly stain on garage floor. Will let the stain show and maybe we will scrub it and paint garage floor in the spring...

Removed brass kickplate from outside door. Had to bend it to get it off. Will have to paint door. That was another item from previous owner.

Amazing what I can find to do instead of desk work.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:05 pm

I'd say about a tall kitchen trash bag tossed from office today.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:16 am

That's great, HARRIET!

I found a shirt to donate and another book to recycle.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:01 am

Today I did the one in one out thing. Tossed the old broken shredder. I bought a new one when I was out. I probably do not spend enough money on these and they only last a half-dozen years. Ones that take more papers at once are more powerful I guess and seem to last longer. I have promised not to overload this one and go slower. I had a stack of papers to shred and got that done; new shredder is noisier.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:48 am

I shredded some papers today, two books left the house. I added a few things to the donation basket.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”