Declutter Strategy Meeting, March 2017

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Declutter Strategy Meeting, March 2017

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 am

Please join us as we keep the spaces we care about clear and non-stressing! There are lots of good strategies that help.

What do you think of the ~~~ Stash and Dash~~~ ? (I know, :oops: I started the month off with a bad word!) Is it always a "no-no" last resort, or have you ever used it well?

Did you know that CEO discussed the method and called it the "Box and Banish"? :lol: She said it could be one helpful strategy, and could jumpstart decluttering and spark ENTHUSIASM and MOTIVATION. Within a very short time we see results that may inspire us to plan more and more success. (yay) But we have to avoid the drawbacks of completing only the first part - we stash it but we don't get back to it, causing more confusion of clutter in new hiding places. PLUS we mustn't see cleared spaces as a "finish", because then we won't keep up the personal work of improving our own habits, either.

So, what to do - is it ever a tool in our clutter fighting kit? If we go ahead and stash from a cluttered space, but make sure our stashing is easy to undo, like boxing it (not throwing it far into a corner room and slamming the door!), so far we're not in trouble. Then if we make that decluttering appointment with the stash - calendar/plan a time to go around the house SOON and put each item into it's proper place BEFORE ever stashing again :roll: maybe even the embarrassing Stash and Dash can become a handy strategy. What do you think?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Declutter Strategy Meeting, March 2017

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:35 am

I thonk a stash n dash is a great place cor me to begin today. The dining room so I can change up the table cloth & get some better focus in the sewing zone.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Oh, man I hate stash and dash. I can't tell you the stuff I've lost that way. By the time I find it months later it's usefulness is gone to me sometimes. Lost all my diet / note cards in the container and the little booklet that was so handy with carb, fat, and calorie values. Didn't find that for months. I spend more time looking for something I've stashed than if I'd put it away right the first time.

Plus I have this ability (my ocd?) to feel when I walk into a room and the drawers are all cluttered up from stashing stuff in there...

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:11 am

I have to tell my dream last night... I was at my old work (30 years ago) and my desk was completely filled ... packed - some my doing, some people putting things there ... I spent my dream organizing and getting rid of stuff... lol - even in my dreams!!!! :o :lol:

I know where the dream comes from... I am getting things from others now that we have lost some dear ones and I am beginning to panic as I don't want to pack up my house even more... I haven't had time to declutter the last 2 years and my closets and my home are bulging because I have been bringing things in and not taking anything out.

I have done the negative grab and stash before people come over ;) I like the idea of getting rid of stuff as I grab. :D

Happy dejunking
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:13 pm

dh has been cleaning out d mil's house with family bc I have been sick ...

I want all the clutter gone out of our house... so much stuff... dd olders apartment stuff is in the basement, dd youngers stuff abounds. me.. still clutter... and not decluttering the last 2 years and bringing in others stuff has buried us plus with being ill it triples the stuff bc you can't keep up with it.

I have to start in one place and work slowly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:31 pm

((blessed)) I understand so well what you are saying. All best wishes on one place getting done. That's a huge success, remember! :)

It's the day for beginning the 2nd round of Focus so I need to put on my "planner" hat here.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 pm

:D d harriet! love your planner hat!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:18 am

still working at d mil's
clutter 101 at our house is a minus but I am trying to work a little little bit each day somewhere

Return to “The Decluttered Home”