Declutter Strategy Meeting, June 2017

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Declutter Strategy Meeting, June 2017

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:55 am

May decluttering got deep - in more ways than one.

each day I have been trying to learn about my stuff, how I see my stuff realistically, why I do what I do or don't do and their importance of my time.

The truths are hard to face, sometimes, for me. It's a hard process but I am glad I have a bit of time, right now, to work on this for myself and family.

blessed wrote that in last month's thread, and then went on to give some insight into the several categories in which she now sees clutter. Read about those on the 4th page of the May thread - some AHA moments there. Would it help you to try to figure out categories of your clutter?

By month's end, the thread was filling with insight. Harmony wrote:
I think we have to figure out in our minds why things are like they are. Will we not have any memories of things if they are tossed? I believe for the most part we will not forget. But things that are truly not important to us any more, we might move on and not think about any more. And that is good. Room in our homes and brains to live with new and consider new things.

I clean out because it gives me peace, time, and order. Order is very important to me. When I can't find something or if something takes me twice as long as it should I get very anxious and sometimes angry. ....
......Clearing out stuff leaves room for new spaces and times and new thoughts. That's what I want.

Do we have room in our brains to put up with the clutter in our homes? Or would we free up our minds and thought processes if we addressed the corners and closets in the house and freed them? What do you think? :)

Happy June

blessedw2

Re: Declutter Strategy Meeting, June 2017

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Do we have room in our brains to put up with the clutter in our homes? Or would we free up our minds and thought processes if we addressed the corners and closets in the house and freed them?
very deep :D and very powerful!!! You both always help me really think about what is important!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:10 pm

I worked a bit in the garage... a very hard place for dh to have me work. He snapped at me a couple times for asking him about two things - one a popcorn can that is rusted with a scout picture print from norman rockwell - no, and something else and I had to specifically remind him who he was snapping at and that remember that I am asking and will not toss his things. Total turn around. I moved the yard tools and swept behind them and he got rid of 5 old rakes, shovels etc. Well done.

I am trying to be very patient and careful with dh's spirit about the garage. Things are much better than 7 years back.

I have 2 really nice bikes - one I bought myself and two years ago my mom and d brother went out and sweetly bought me a bike not realizing I had one already. I want to get rid of the older one and dh said no - "it's worth money that we won't get" "you would only get $10" - doesn't make sense to me as he doesn't use it and he has a bike already. I see it as letting someone else enjoy a newish bike. It is getting rusty. It is so so so hard for dh and dd younger to even let me get rid of my things.

If it isn't used this year by anyone I will be the one to donate to a shelter or somewhere next year.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:50 am

I met with my downstairs medicine stuff during my june 2, 2017 declutter strategy meeting :D all old meds tossed, stuff that shouldn't be there going upstairs again, my meds are together, dd younger meds are together, bandaids are together as they were getting all over the place. It's done!!! small job but it uncluttered my mind

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:28 pm

sometimes I take my cooking to the dreaming not doing state of mine. I had a refrigerator full and never used it - I threw 2 bags out of veggies. I faced it and I feel bad that I haven't been cooking and let this all go to waste. The guilt and the amount of getting old veggies was keeping me from taking action. Sounds silly but its true. But I feel better now that its gone. I do feel guilty for wasting money like that but if I kept it in there and let it continue to rot because I couldn't face the mistake before me would have been worse. I feel like I could move ahead.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:26 pm

met with our dvd's and their cases - put dvd's in cd holder and tossed containers.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Those photos are all tossed and out in the bin to be pickup up tomorrow. I also took my bin of donations and the 2 suitcases out to the thrift.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 am

BIG WAY TO GO D HARMONY!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:03 pm

I have a declutter meeting planned with some bathroom drawers today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Declutter mtg at dresser top drawer over.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”