Declutter Strategy Meeting, July 2017

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Declutter Strategy Meeting, July 2017

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:46 am

Guys, would you rather I mention it's the half-way point of the year or would you rather we not discuss it?

:lol:

How's the strategy going? Is there a trend that's taking your lovely home in one direction... ... or another?

What would be YOUR strategy for the rest of the summer at your house? Does it need a "big push" in one particular room or area? Is there a marathon session brewing?

Let us know how you feel about the half-way point and what you hope for the rest of the year.

blessedw2

Re: Declutter Strategy Meeting, July 2017

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:09 am

mmm I do have a in head strategy of what must be done.

also bwtg for the work done in june of 2017!!!

things that I am definitely planning for de junking:

October: put the christmas stuff in the 3 season room and in November - go through it and delete by half. My family won't be happy but I have 20 boxes (at least close) ;)

I am starting, slowly, the drawer by drawer challenge I do every year.

My photo hoard - is being worked on. That is a hoarding situation that must be worked on in bits and pieces.

I also have activities that I want to do with summer that I haven't even started. It is my goal to get those things done so that I don't wish away my winter with regrets of not taking opportunities in the summer.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:35 pm

Amazing that half the year is gone already. Today I worked a bit in the garage. Really need to do that along with DH because I'm not sure of all of it. I did get rid of a bunch of extra mini blind slats and a couple mini blind sets. Think we'd saved them from other house because that's what we had there...but I'll never use them anywhere again, so out they went. I kept a couple packets of the fittings with screws and the wands because we have those here.

Some plastic consolidated and thrown away or recycled. Couple big gallon containers. It's such a mess out there but I need DH to say it's ok to get rid of most of it. Then there's the shop...which is another big mess, but he considers it all usable. :roll:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:49 am

well done d harmony

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Will wonders never cease. DH was actually pleased I tossed out all that blind stuff. He said I could toss the plastic covers for the fluorescent lights we had in the 2H garage. Their ends had some cracks, etc. so we just took them off, but kept in case new owners ever said where are they... but they never did so out they go!

It appears nobody else is decluttering, but here it seems to be a never-ending thing. Today (Sat) I tossed 17 phone message books. They weighed almost 15 pounds and went back to year 2000. No one can say we haven't been busy all these years!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:59 am

wonderful d harmony - so happy your dh was happy too!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 pm

had a declutter stradegy mtg. trying for daily apts. on it this week my book shelf Mon. my book left.
Tues. branches in the wagon I picked up went in the trash truck.
Wed. was toss the trash that needed to go that was in the counter in the kit.
Thurs. kids books left to the little free library dumped more trash.
Fri. I picked up the back yaed.. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 pm

well done yourself d nancy!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:50 pm

I have started my drawer by shelf decluttering to get ready for the holidays - money fro the holidays: ;) we have had many items break - fence repair/new microwave/new water heater/new pump & filter for pool/

today I start the kitchen declutter left to right drawers then cabinets - baking cabinet -

today: drawer one
saturday: utensils drawer 1
Monday: utensils drawer 2

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:54 pm

How are you coming, blessed?

I threw away a lot of stuff from the garage yesterday. Half filled big rolley bin. A lot of odds and ends no longer any good. DH never throws anything out. Example: there was a nice sturdy box set up in a place that looked like he was keeping it for something. Today I picked it up and found a nice square hole in the bottom (the way it was made) so I asked him, showing him the hole. He said no he never intended to keep it.

It was a box that originally contained containers of peanut oil DSiL had brought down to deep fry a turkey ............... maybe 3 YES 3 Thanksgivings ago. :o It's in the recycle bin now.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”