Declutter Strategy Meeting, November 2017

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Declutter Strategy Meeting, November 2017

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:32 pm

The times they are a-changin'. Is your Strategy changing at this time of year? Let us know how you are working toward a great last few months of the year as far as decluttering. Some of us may be pulling some holiday online schedules like HGP or CC into our decluttering right now.

The Focus Cleaning schedule will be dusting and vacuuming its way out of the final Dining Room Week in the next few days, and will end the last 2017 round on the 5th of the month. Its only specific declutter chore this week is Put Away Halloween Decor.

Then its Maintenance season begins Monday the 6th with "First Week of Thanksgiving" Week, so if the hospitality of U.S. Thanksgiving figures into your Strategy, check out the helpful guidance about things to do that week in the Focus Cleaning forum's Maintenance thread. ("Second" and "Thanksgiving" weeks' helps follow it.)

Harmony

Re: Declutter Strategy Meeting, November 2017

Postby Harmony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:10 am

Wow, almost the end of the month and no one has decluttered anything? I guess this month is a busy one! I know I tossed a bunch of stuff when I did the big clean in the master bathroom a few weeks ago, tossing things from the vanity drawers and cabinets. I also cleaned out one laundry closet but didn't find anything to toss. Mostly I just keep at it a little at a time as I find places getting messy and cluttered. It makes a big improvement over the long run.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:51 pm

I managed to let go of a candle and three baskets and a table cloth that did not work out here this week. I have a few items bagged to to be donated the next time I am in that area.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:24 am

DH decluttered enough junk from the shed to fill a trash can. :)

I decluttered/replaced 2 pair of shoes for work.
Tossed a few dishes when I rearranged 2 cupboards.
Took a bag full of Happy Meal toys to DSis's on Thanksgiving.

Last night I tossed out a glass, even though it came from DMIL's, because I found a chip in the rim. Sentimentality is not worth the risk of injury from broken glass.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Met with the dish cupboard and spice cabinet this week. Yea made progress on it that.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”