Declutter Strategy Meeting, December 2017

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Declutter Strategy Meeting, December 2017

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 pm

We're here near the end of 2017 (unbelievably fast year to me!) and any simplification and organization we have already done is helping us - any we can do now will be a boon!

Here's your slide to the Ready for December notes (scroll to bottom post) Indiana made for Focus Calendar. They might give us a helping hand. I probably need a separate calendar like this suggests. I do have a lot on my plate!

What 2017 declutter successes do you have to report, and what strategy is helping you this month?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Declutter Strategy Meeting, December 2017

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Yesterday forgot to log this ...I removed some old towels down graded them to be used for dogs bath making room in the bathroom cupoard. Yea me for progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:07 am

I threw away the old calculator today. Does that count? One in one out!

Funny thing was I turned it over to look at it and noticed a little tab to pull out. Did that and opened a little door with a tiny screwdriver...and there was the button battery which should have been operating the clock all this time. We could never get it set right and somehow just turned that feature off. Never knew about the battery for that!

Lesson learned: read all the instructions with everything new we get!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:52 am

I donated Christmas ornaments and decorations before the holidays

hi all

While d girls are gone I am going to work in the closet in the upstairs hall after I do a clutter patrol.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 am

I just want to document that, although I never found time for a serious declutter project, I did toss several things throughout the month: an uncomfortable shirt I've never liked, lots and lots of paper, old summer clothes not worth saving until next year, rusted yard tools not worth cleaning.

I've started to inspect our kitchen stuff and replace items that are worn out enough to no longer work well. They still work ok, but I'm tired of just putting up with only ok. I bought a new double boiler for making Christmas fudge because the nonstick coating was scratched on the old one. I bought a new metal whisk and silicone spatulas, and threw out the old stained plastic ones. The handle broke off a coffee cup and I didn't even consider fixing it because we have plenty of cups.

I noticed when I took the crock pot to the family party that it is starting to look really bad. It still works fine, but it's embarrassing to put it on DSis's pretty kitchen counter. I'll start looking for a new one the same size and let the old one go.

Big plans for major decluttering in January. I'll release several boxes of papers when I turn over Treasurer's duties for my sewing group -- the permanent files that I'll turn over to the new person, and all the old records that can be shredded. :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:43 am

well done d book and all on your work!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:46 am

I tossed 2 strings of dead tree lights.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”