Start with a Plan January Declutter, 2018

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: Start with a Plan January Declutter, 2018

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:15 pm

dh brought one of the crystal ornaments to donation place - i only kept it because it was waterford. It was too heavy and we never put it up. So it is gone. Why a name makes a difference I will never know. That was the only reason I kept it. It wasn't even a gift.

d nancy - great that you are purging!

so happy you are able to focus on your de cluttering the sewings financial file. Good for you for starting! So frustrating that a trouble maker will make issues. is the a computer file it could be put into and saved on a hard drive
wonderful on putting this project in stages to work on.

went through some papers and cards 3 x 5s so I can file or recycle.

I am trying to cut down on our out put of garbage. We already compost with the city and send our recycling to the city but I would like to figure out how to reduce our impact without too much thought.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Thanks Blessed. I am putting paper on arc notebooks to write on from yesterday's decluttering adventures.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 am

You guys are really working hard! Booksaver, that sounds like a huge project.

I got one of my 2-drawer file cabinets cleaned out. It will be full again in a year. We have 3 2-drawer file cabinets and 1 5-shelf bookcase stuffed full. Another 5-shelf wire unit and a whole closet of shelves. All I can do is try to keep things as cleaned out as possible and tidy, in boxes and bins or plastic containers all labeled. It's a good thing I even have this space to use.

Goodwill people told me not long ago that they no longer have a truck which will come to pick up furniture. I know they came here a few years back to take the old entertainment wall unit away. He said it was really nice, or I wouldn't have called them to come.

Every few weeks I roll out my recycle bin and by then it is full of plastic and paper. I must be on every mailing list known to man, and we get so many catalogs. Sometimes I bring the mail in through the garage and put the catalogs right into the bin. Trade magazines go out the minute I'm done reading them. If I didn't keep this up we'd drown in paper.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:49 pm

It is finally warm enough for me to tackle the entrances out side and the deck, patio, and carport. So I did some on the deck today and will be working on it as time allows. This is a good thing for me to do while kids are playing outside & I can see em. Before trash day tomorrow is a grand time for this as well! Yea me!
Dson said they would take my extra oval crock pot yea!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”