May Declutter, Fresh As a Daisy! 2018

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

May Declutter, Fresh As a Daisy! 2018

Postby Harriet » Tue May 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Have you ever noticed the freshening quality of decluttering? Visually, we see areas becoming clearer, of course. But there's more to it than that.

"Get rid of the clutter! Clutter collects dust, and by now you know that it also collects dust mites. Think about removing (or at least reducing) knickknacks, unnecessary objects, piles of books, magazines and newspapers, as well as piles of clothes from your bedroom." - Dr. Edward F. Group, Your Family's Health

Think about our decluttering sessions in terms of a Fresh As a Daisy home this month. Then the items we do choose to display can have the space to really shine and be appreciated in our healthier rooms, while we breathe in fresh air.

Harmony

Re: May Declutter, Fresh As a Daisy! 2018

Postby Harmony » Fri May 04, 2018 10:40 pm

I needed another binder tonight and didn't have one so took one I had and put all that stuff in a manilla env. and found another bunch of stuff from there that I could shred. Old stuff from when DH was a sole proprietor, tax forms etc. Not much, but every little bit helps, right?

Yes, I do feel my house is "fresher" with all the stuff I've gotten rid of in the past several weeks. Especially since there was so much empty space on my garage shelves I was able to finally clean them. All the dirt and dust gone. Yes. Fresher. Yay!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 05, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm being a cheerleader for HRH, who is working steadily in organizing/declutter on the upstairs. He has moved some furniture into better placement, too. Almost every day he asks me how it looks. Change is happening. We may get rid of a couch that's up there. I never liked it - it was a hand-me-down from someone in his family and he thought he was going to like it but never really got use out of it. What scares me is the moving of large items down the stairs, though - ugh.

Big doin's on the horizon - dd19's semester is coming to an end so she will be moving home! :shock:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 07, 2018 12:52 am

Was in sis-in-law's little house this afternoon. She is practically a minimalist. I feel another round of declutter coming around here soon.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Talking I suggested a church for mom's things she had already thought of that and had a plan & is going to donate crafts from mom, and fabric from my d departed aunt's things to summer camp, vbs type thing at their church. I was pleased to hear that. :mrgreen:

We took a load of branches to ECO it was great to be free of those.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 27, 2018 11:13 pm

Clear stairs here, after struggling with this for a couple months. The upstairs is much neater and arranged, too.

The move home from dorm was tough but we did it. We ended up getting help from ds. Slowly but surely dd is getting her room less cluttered. I don't want to look in the closet, though!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Purge of magazines and catalogs sent a bag to recyclables.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”