July-August Declutter, Escape to Indoors 2018

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

July-August Declutter, Escape to Indoors 2018

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Weather extremes are on their way and by the end of this month, wont we be SO grateful for the surfaces we've recovered inside our lovely homes! No matter how well we control a room's temperature, spaces that are comfortably decluttered will still be a requirement to keep us content there.

When temperatures make you want to escape indoors, will you have clear surfaces to ease the eye, make others feel welcome, allow comfort without stress? How can you spend July's 31 days' declutter time to make indoors a refreshing and cozy place for escape?

Harriet

Re: July Declutter, Escape to Indoors 2018

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:45 pm

I am trying to spend July in getting my office space back to the accessible. Truth be told, I do have so many directions of PAPER in my life - at least two directions for our household, at least two for church, then my personal passions that blossom with PAPER, such as nutrition education, Bible education, creativity. (Not to mention paper creativity, lol.)

I posted a new PaperTamers thread in Organization forum and answered a question from Dee over there about how decluttering dovetails into plans. Basically, I'm using the method of having a sorting surface in another room.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:10 pm

While it was still cool here got most of the back fence line decluttered this week we hauled off 4 wire cage supports back to a place rhey can be reused. So it looks better yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Rec room progress yea, cleared off a shelf dusted it, these are items h will need to go through so they are on the folding table downstairs.

Also worked on another storage enternment center sorted dvds. I thought we might keep and boxed the rest to go h will also look at those. Now that we have net flicks do not use dvds so much. That went well. Took out one tall fake plant still deciding on the other one.

Counting this for some zone work!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:04 pm

I realized we got 5 loads out if here last week. Not all huge loads but progress none-the-less, 4 cage supports went out in 2 loads one car trunk full, some in the jeep, and a load to the dump! Yea us for progress getting the eco load ready to go next.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:18 pm

H is decluttering the paper tiger he has in one of his rooms.yea for progress!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Great job Nancy and dh!

I am a little disappointed to have planned more declutter progress than I could do today.
Came across a well-hidden stash-and-dash from first of year :( that I decided needed my time more than other things. A couple things found were of some small value, and nothing that was out of date made any difference. So I'm glad I hadn't let it go on any longer than it did. I can know that at least I didn't let it get embarrassingly old! But it took a lot of filing time.

It doesn't feel like progress, when you have your day planned for getting to the visible areas, and have to sidetrack! I'll be sure to do some work that gives me more visual "credit" next! :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:21 pm

I have not been as productive decluttering inside but did get the fake tree cleaned up it is ready to go now. Yea!

Had a I told you so moment a couple of yrs. Ago told h to let go of the tune tv he would not. We were younger then, not it will have tp be houlded off and we cannot do it so the kids will have to help with that.

But there are branches in the trailer for eco and it is full, so I cannot load it with anything else. Also paused crafting, rock painting, & sewing.

Had to use the pause button on it it for now, more boxes coming this week. :idea: We have learned ypu do not need boxes to donate items to thrift shops!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:36 pm

You are doing so good, Nancy.

I have an old bin in my bedroom closet, on the floor. As I find things I'd like to declutter I put them in there. When the bin is getting full, or heavy, whichever is first, or if I'm going by the place, I take the bin with me and stop at the drive thru drop off place at the thrift. They always ask me if I want to keep the bin and I tell them yes. Back home the bin goes back into my closet for next time.

If I just have a few things and am going by, I just hand them out the window by themselves. I never put them in a box. They have their own big containers they use to sort all their donations.

My old bin is a bit cracked and has no lid but it works to take things back and forth.

I often have building materials that are usable and good and those I take to the habitat resale place. I've taken a lot of stuff there but nothing that isn't in like-new condition.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Thanks gals!
You all are doing great as well.

Goal :
Declutter holiday stuff for Christmas in July. Got it sorted and in a tote up the stairs and out the door. We will load more stuff up when it is cooler in the a . m . Done.

H. gave me the directive on the closet of dress clothes he had forgotten about. I sorted h dress shirts h pants, most were too small he said the size he needed got them loaded in the car out of the house. Done.

This week was paper work that went.
A load left to dump and to eco, and one more truck load of donations is ready to go next week!

Pick up got loaded and left today. Car is liaded to go tomorrow, I delivered bag of art supplies to dd's for dgd.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”