January Declutter Strategy

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: January Declutter Strategy

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:23 pm

today I went through dd younger's cloths that no longer fit her... they are gone.
I put her sailing stuff in a nice box = clear. I believe I will put it in the basement next week. I am not sure. right now it is in the closet.

I still have to measure her closet for new pole etc. - I am trying to decide on what I want to do bc I don't want to spend too much money.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:26 pm

Still chipping away. it's not my stuff but some is my stuff bc it's in the house.

I took all the hangers that were left over out of dd younger's room that has been there for one year in a laundry basket.
I tied up in 4 x tens plastic hangers. tossed about 20 hangers mismatched and saved 20 hangers for the laundry room closet.

I have one more load of dd's laundry to dry and hang up.

I AM SO TIRED OF GOING THROUGH STUFF EACH DAY TO DECLUTTER OR PUT AWAY. EVEN THOUGH NOTHING NEW IS COMING IN. I AM SURPRISED ON HOW MANY THINGS MY D MOM HAS GIVEN US . HOW MUCH I SPENT OVER THE KID TIME IN MY LIFE FOR MY GIRLS ETC. MY HOBBIES ETC. IT'S OVERWHELMING.

I ALSO AM TIRED OF HOLDING OTHER PEOPLES THINGS THAT AREN'T ME. I HAVE KEPT THEM ALL MY TEENAGE LIFE AND ADULT LIFE.

I AM SO DONE WITH HAVING A HOUSE THAT IS SOMEONE ELSE'S.

I COULD NEVER FIGURE OUT MY STYLE - I COULD NEVER MAKE A DECISION. I WAS ALWAYS TRYING TO BE SOMEONE ELSES STYLE RATHER THAN MY OWN BC I WAS CONFUSED ON HOW TO DECORATE. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

I also put a really good water holding back pack dd bought for her trip to colorado a couple years ago.. I paid for it and it still has tags on it. - it's going in the car now. tossing dd youngers hiking long underwear bc she now lives in florida.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:40 pm

I am beginning to see that clutter is like quick sand. if you don't get out of it; you can get buried.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:20 pm

I think you are on the verge of a break through bw2 way to go on your progress.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:57 am

Nancy, you certainly know the right thing to say! :)

blessed, you okay out there? (( hugs ))

I think we all have times in our lives we wake up and say, "Wait a minute, why I am doing this? Was this my agenda? " we find ourselves taking the next and next and next steps in a plan or process that used to be just a detour to help someone else. (or lots of detours)

We turn around and say, "Now hold on! Where was my own path, again?"

Happy to report that the heavy skeleton of that large dresser has finally been carted away from my house. (Big heavy things have to wait these days with me stopping HRH from doing too much, but he did move it out of the way.) It had been standing on its side in a corner of our bedroom way too long. So now the room has truly had the drawer space completely changed out to the two new not-so-cumbersome pieces, one a long dresser and one a tall.

There is more floor space taken up, and none of the drawers has the really large storage space the old ones had. But there are more, various-shape drawers and all of them open effortlessly. One of the drawers in the old one was so hard to open that we would just avoid it. Why did I live like that for so long, lol. I appreciate dd for building these new ones with help from the young man.

Closet poles chat - Our closet also got a new upright support for the middle of the upper shelf, and helpfully attached to the pole's support as well, so things are sturdier. Dstepson put it up over the weekend.
It really should have had more support when the closet was built.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:15 pm

thank you for the hugs d harriet!!!

Isn't that the truth.. you and d nancy are very wise!!!

today: I got rid of 2 old luggage. got rid of all the extra things that went with the luggage. I also went through all the contacts dd younger kept... she is no longer able to use those as her eyes have changed. I got rid of all pads - dd younger no longer lives here... I got rid of all the extras of stuff. just kept some. With no on living here on a regular basis they don't need this stuff. I also have a bunch of donations - new backpacks never used, cloths not used, etc...

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:19 pm

yay on the dresser d harriet! That has to feel freeing!

dh is just like your sweet dh
: Big heavy things have to wait these days with me stopping HRH from doing too much,

yay also on the closet!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:23 pm

our upstairs hall closet is back to normal. Our garbage man is not going to like us ;)
I also took all of dd youngers camera stuff and got it out of dh/my closet. it is beautifully organized and visible in the upstairs hall closet.
d fil's old camera's are out. and you can see them now. lovely.

we have a lot of garbage in the garage ready to go - our cans (not mine :shock: ;) ) are frozen to the ground outside. Hoping I will be able to release them before Fridays garbage day.

made a large donation run... I can not believe what people will donate that is so old and broken up - just so they feel better than tossing. they don't realize the people in the back have to toss it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:17 pm

I dod. Ot declutter today but the work I did last week made it easier to move a desk, and folding chair coushion this morning so I could work at my desk without so much glare.

Ty Harriet what a nice thing to say!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:36 pm

good for you d nancy!!!!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”