April Clutter Control

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: April Clutter Control

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:32 am

dh cleaned out under his work bench. it took him 4 hours and he was suprised that much of the things came for late 1990's. He was so proud of himself and I am too.

today I went into the garage to continue our streamline approach to things. I tossed his multiple collection of cleaners that had 1/2 " left in them. he has realized that he buys multiples of everything because he can't find the item in the first place. So he is slowly getting more organized because he has less stuff in the garage. Now if we can help our 13 year old let go more. She is slowly going that route. :D

also took old swimming stuff and tossed and donating great ice skates on donation day Wednesday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

vampgirl32

Postby vampgirl32 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:01 pm

I went through all of the Easter eggs used and tossed the unmatched and put away all of the Easter decor.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:00 am

GREAT JOB Vgirl!!!
went through more personal kids stuff, tossing lots as I kept EVERYTHING from when they were kids. now really paring down so they have just the special.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:02 pm

I went through more summer things and found four pr. of pants and capris
that no longer fit got them out of the storage drawer
and in the car to donate.
:idea:
Found some stuff in the shop to toss today was trash day!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

vampgirl32

Postby vampgirl32 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Working on laundry this week, have a lot and I am going through the girls clothes to see what I can toss and donate.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 pm

I've been working on the file cabinet lately and have discarded lots of papers. After the other small file cabinet is gone through I'm going to relocate some of the files to different places so the important papers can be found more quickly. They will be filed separately from the receipt type papers.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:44 pm

great job vgirl and sunny!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:32 pm

We started "storage" week in the weekly rotation a little early, but it will continue through the coming week anyway. Our storage barn had a serious declutter session already. It will really start shaping up with the new set of shelves dstepson31 is going to build for us along a wall. We already have one set, but this will be lots of help, I'm sure.

My project will be to consider what types of things I'm storing in the house that might be able to move out there with the right containers. It's a puzzle, because there are extremes of temperature. But any burden the storage barn can lift off the house will be greatly appreciated. We'll see.

Good job on papers, Sunny. I started a new PaperTaming thread for the months of mid-year. I thin a lot of us will be tired of financial types of paperwork for a while!

Great job, Nancy, vampgirl, blessed and blessed's dh!
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”