September Declutter Strategy, 2020

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

September Declutter Strategy, 2020

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Here's a great quote shared before - so true, so true.

“Clutterers are interesting." says Terry Prince, a Sacramento professional organizer. "They’re creative. They’re people with a lot of interests.” About one in three of her students, she points out, are teachers—notorious compilers of paper clutter—and many others have craft hobbies, along with an unrealistic number of projects in process and a large backlog of supplies and materials for which they claim, “I’ll get to that someday!”.
- by David Dudley in Conquering Clutter

Hello interesting people! 8-) No matter where you are in the DE-cluttering process of your home, you are interesting to us, and the progress you are making is interesting, too. Chime in here and let us know your progress. Your efforts may inspire someone else, plus, you just deserve a pat on the back!

If anyone wonders that "where you are" question about me, lol, you'll find me in these rooms, ahead of their Focus cleaning schedule the following weeks:

week of the 31st - bathroom
week of the 7th - my office/creative
week of the 14th - my closet and maybe office closet
week of the 21st - laundry area
week of the 28th - storage spaces

I won't venture to HRH's office or the storage spaces upstairs right now.

Harriet

Re: September Declutter Strategy, 2020

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:12 pm

Finishing up in the dining area went well for me last week. The spots I named are clear. :idea: SO many "magazines" (those freebies on the line of being valuable or trash, such as the Electric Cooperative mags and the ones with local interest articles but mostly advertisement of area real estate companies, etc. Also "fashion" that turn into ads, mostly.)

I carried out 2 handled paper grocery bags holding as many as they could, without breaking the handles!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: September Declutter Strategy, 2020

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:33 pm

Counting a few things this week a box of calking stuff for bathrooms went to x sil.
I used up three partial bags of lawn weed n feed so glad to get them out of the shed!
Decluttered the microwave that died this week.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”