January 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Re: January 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:12 am

blessed, Nancy and Twins', ya'll are doing great.

I noticed you chatting about food (buying too much, maybe finding it's clutter). I don't think I have been wasteful, but yes I have done some stockpiling of more dry/canned items that have been required. We didn't know at first how the seclusion was going to go, did we? I am cooking up a lot of these in the cold months now and paring down. My kitchen space is too limited to support a pandemic.

Biggest change around here is that all the office paraphernalia and files, etc., for being the church treasurer for 6 years is now handed off to the new treasurer. We were all amazed :shock: that I got it condensed and packed into one big cardboard box (although it was super heavy and needed support underneath when carried, couldn't possibly close).

I don't know how to quantify how much left here. Should have weighed it but we had a hard enough time carrying, lol. Packed tightly, it was "only" 2.5 ft by 2 ft by 2 ft I guess. But of course since it always took up a lot of desk space spread out, plus filing space, etc., that's not the full story.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:53 am

Yea Harriet!!! Know that is a big load off your mind.

I have another pile sorted thought it would take longer than it did, old checks to shred next mo. a few each day will help this to be less of
of job. A few more pics to sort but that will be next. . . made some progress on these today. I shredded them and sorted pics and other items also.

One shoe box sized plastic container has some files I need to sore of my stuff weaving patterns, crafting ideas, and some fun things I am looking forward to going through them. So far these have been fun. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:54 pm

Harriet, I know from when I gave up my volunteer "position" at church the relief I felt. There's a divine plan for our work and we know when it's time to go in a different direction. Our sense of relief tells us we made the right decision.

Anyway, you guys have been really working, making so much progress.

When I went through this office just now, I took down 3 clear letter pockets which DH had screwed to a piece of white wood and screwed that wood to the wall. We hadn't been using that for years so I took it down, put the wood back in the shop and cleaned and stacked the pockets. They're on a shelf, so technically I didn't declutter them but they take up less room. Does that count?

Some of the stuff I did on the office shelves would classify as tidying and reorganizing I suppose, but it all takes less room.

I went through a chest of drawers and lots hit the rubbish bin. I found an easily accessible spot for my plastic container of hair curlers out of sight now. Lots of plastic mismatched food containers hit the recycle bin. Recycle bin is full to the top of folded up cardboard. Tall kitchen garbage bag of papers to the garbage for pickup tomorrow, all out of the office. 1 bed sheet cut up to use the good parts and other parts thrown out. I'm keepin on.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Just a quick hi bc I can’t read off of my phone - it’s like black ink taking over lol - cheering u on!

Today I went through dvds
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:43 pm

Sorted and shredded the other basket yea for this progress dealing with the paper tiger.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:25 pm

Big declutter today simply because it is recyclables day tomorrow (only happens every 2 wks). I consolidated SO many cardboard boxes into as small a single box as possible to hold them (sticking up, lol) and thank goodness they are gone. It's disappointing that we have so much cardboard but we have to rely on delivery so much more than we used to.

blessed, I hope your technological problems get better!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:34 pm

I got some stuff sorted tossed and shredded, one more full bin from the shreadder went out to the trash
Today. Yea! Got three bags of stuff shredded yea for progress today!
Was close enought to see light at the end of the tunnel last evening when the shredder died.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”