Feb. Sort Declutter for More Efficiency!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Feb. Sort Declutter for More Efficiency!

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:47 pm

"ღ Yay for Feb. 2021 ! ღ꧂

It's a new month of possibilities in which we may find clear spaces, actually understand our drawers and closets :ugeek: , and approach mental clarity! If you've found that Jan has clouded ⛈ your surroundings as well as your brain, you're not alone. This is a topic of concern for many folks. :( Depression and clutter seem to go together and result in less attention to our plans.

A couple new articles on this current problem are The Clutter-Depression-Anxiety Cycle: How to Stop It by Rachel Jones, on the "nourishing minimalist" blog, and Managing Clutter and Depression by guest-blogger Patrick Bailey on "unclutter.com".

But it's not just depressing to face clutter. It's... .. foggy! In her June article, The Cost of Clutter in Your Life, Elizabeth Scott, MS writes on "verywellmind.com" we can look straight at a cluttered area and miss what's there. :? Our ability to concentrate, to zero-in, to be efficient, becomes clouded by the disappointing vision. You'll be gratified to note she suggests the Four Box Method (and we know who popularized that one!).

What are your dreams for this Feb. as you sort and tidy toward a decluttered home? :idea: How are you going to keep your efficiency and concentration going strong, the way you recognize them in yourself? Let us know your successes and stumbles - we're here cheering for you!"Harriet Wrote.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nancy

Re: Feb. Sort Declutter for more efficiency!

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:56 pm

Borrowed Harriet's first post from Jan. Hope that is okay.
Thanks Harriet I will be checking in to thoise resources. I was under it with the fog lack of clarity etc. Last month I got discouraged
And the sorting sucked me in to the yucky mood with sinus were a factor as well.

I have made some progress today. While doing laundry ...
Got the junky desk on wheels in the basement cleared off.
Quickly sorted boxed & tossed various items it was in the rec. Room.
Then back upstairs again to the scary room my office creativity room and did three 3 min. Rounds to reclaim the
main part of the floor and sorting table.

Put two boxes out of the rooms they were in tossed some stuff.

I have shredded papers in the trash it is half full, more for next week to go.
So glad it is out of the house! That was from last weekend.

Wa - hoo!!!
Cheering you all on as you do your sorting, decluttering, purging adventures!

I have empty containers so next I will be emptying out dresser drawers.

Nancy

Re: Feb. Sort Declutter for More Efficiency!

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:04 pm

Some things that had been sorted got put away in the dresser. Yea for more progress on the rec. room!
I looked up those blogs I like the idea of a 21 things to declutter on 2021.
She had a check list to print out, on noufishing minimalist blog. I thonk it was that one.

[I like to log it on my bujo.]

Got an idea today. Photos kids want mne fo keep can go in a tote after I take out quilts sigh. I guess that i s my mission next week or later this month.

Talked to dson. Sigh he thinks slme thing might be useable that I was going to let go of.
Good news I got some things moved out of the creativity room so that I can focus.
Dson put me on the list for getting the kitchen light up. :mrgreen:

Return to “The Decluttered Home”