April 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: April 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:48 pm

got rid of the rug cleaner we bought 2 years ago for old dog.
got rid of paint
got rid of some garden tools
got rid mittens and a misc of different things - gone!

tomorrow will really help bc it is the chemical collection. dh pulled his stuff already and did a great job!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:34 pm

Blessed, you are really working hard! Do you want to come here?!

I tried on 2 whole bins of clothes. 16 pieces put in the donate bin. Problem is there is 3 sizes in there. The 3rd size should be fitting me, but my shape changed and not for the better. Some of the current size just doesn't look great on me so those are there too. Some of those clothes are not the style anybody wears these days. Slacks just outdated. I could tailor some of them but I will never need that many things. When I'd buy something, sometimes if it was just a tad snug I'd bring it home anyway because oh, I'm going to be able to wear that soon. :roll:

This is all very depressing to me. Today's chore was hard to face and I waited till I had the house to myself to do it. I'm not a blimp, but I remember those days when I was too thin and I was so comfortable in my body back then. Some of the being able to get around and up and down and have strength has nothing to do with my figure but is just a result of age. But I still equate it all together... so....

Taking the bin down to donate place now. I don't think I've ever taken anything out of the bin once I'd put things there, but I want this stuff out of sight.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:36 pm

Boy, can I relate, Harmony. I need to do this sooo badly.
My weight has actually been fluctuating downward a couple pounds lately -- I have no idea why, because I seem to have discovered an addiction to the "new" Hostess Lemon Cupcakes.
But -- weight aside -- my SHAPE seems to be changing, and it is miserable. Like you said, I am not a blimp by any means, but my tummy is taking up too much room -- and -- this may be TMI? -- this may be the reason my pants seem to be too short in the "stride." :roll: I have been tempted to start wearing mu-mus like my dmil always did. Sheesh.

But anyway -- BIG, BIG WTG to YOU!!! This is GREAT, to rid yourself of this much stuff you're not wearing! You go, girl!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:25 pm

New plan the new friend on my walking route said he would take sticks for wood stove and fire pit.
So I took one today and left it.
Counting that for my declutter sticks I cut up to a smaller lengths. Yea! :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:01 am

hello d Harmony yay on your work!!! I understand - for me it is accepting that it's okay that the items don't work right now and let it go. I am tired of keeping different size cloths.
Yay on the donation place

hello d Lucy
that is not TMI
lol that is a constant talk from d mom - she says she doesn't have a butt (sorry) any more and she does not like how jeans look on her. She even said she wanted to buy bubble but underwear - so cute - she is 84 soon lol

yay on new walking route d Nancy

dh - I am so proud of what he is accomplishing -
more went to garbage, donation center and we got rid of all the chemicals at recycling chemical day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:53 am

with dh decluttering - we were able to get rid of one big shelf system this morning.
dh's plastic pots gone
misc things gone
extra unnecessary extension cords and Christmas cords
vacuum cleaner stuff gone

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:13 am

I've been pulling out dog things to take to the local shelter this week. I'm trashing the two big beds - eight years and four different dogs along the way have left the inside foam smelly, although the outside cover is washable. I am going to try to sell the large crate and the X-pen (used for dMacs a long long time ago) when the neighborhood has its yard sale in May.

Pulling out some other yard sale things. We just don't have enough room to store a lot because our garage is so full of "stuff."
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:55 am

Took a small side table out to the shop for my next load of donations.
More walking stick size branches went on to the trailer.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:40 pm

I know that was hard d Twins. Thank you for blessing the local shelter!

yay on donations d Nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:44 pm

so far today:

1 fantasy item - gone
1 really good shop vacuum
a bunch of different tools
d brother is taking sledge hammers
tree trimmer gone
tools gone
old antique Scythe donated
pots gone
small dog crate gone
shop metal shelf holders gone
sticks for marshmallows gone
paint supplies and sanding items gone through - donated, tossed, kept minimal amount
pump for pool
space heater
and misc. all gone

called junk king - dh will wait - done - it was $238.00 (more than I wanted but oh the peace that comes with knowing things are gone)
dh tried to keep another book shelf - he really has a hard time letting go but I said no more book shelves in the bedroom - he has a library office that is filled but looks orderly that is filled with books.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”