April 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: April 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:10 pm

I decluttered a shelf off this moirning.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:51 am

look at that shelf!!! yay d Nancy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:48 am

put away as part of the declutter process.
I bought a fancy coffee maker thinking I could make a really cup of coffee -nope!~!! :lol: so it is now in a clear bin for dd's to take for their homes.
put away the crock pot bc I only use it once in a while. keeping it in the kitchen on the shelf makes it cluttered. So those things are gone in the right places. makes me feel clearer headed.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Spent some time in the garage yesterday - I can report that here today! Goodwill items moved to my car so now they have to be dropped off. Next time dh drives the convertible that lives in the garage I need to work on that side of the garage. I'm afraid to do much work near it for fear of scratching or denting. There's so much between that little princess car and the garage wall.

We took the leaf out of the breakfast area table last night to give the workers more room to work and it looks so much more roomy now as a round table for max of 4 people.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:59 pm

rah rah rah d twins!!! big way to go!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:01 pm

Decluttered some stuff, bags from a closet.
Declawed paper tiger on the table yea! Counting that too.
De cluttered some branches.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:02 pm

I am tossing dd/my bow and arrows. it's considered a weapon and I can't donate it.
I know that I won't be going to go to the country to shoot and there is no where (that is safe) around here to shoot.
I would love to get rid of dd Youngers drums - I will talk to her again. She owes me 300.00 and maybe I can say I will donate the drums and she doesn't have to pay me back.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am

proud of myself:
put all of dd Youngers cook books together and are now in her area.
put in garbage dd older blanket she was going to keep but is so bad - she said I could get rid of it.
gave d brother extra tool and piping.
and a light we don't use

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:03 am

trying to decide whether or not to get rid of my guitar. my fingers don't work well like they used to. I have to think about it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:58 am

I have been working on Dawn of minimal mom's premise (re: keeping memories)

"most of us don't want to live in the past. We don't want to have to manage it. We want to visit it. Highlight the happy memories!" She said that sometimes we keep things that don't make us happy - it's time to let that go - that you know if it makes you feel happy.

I continue to work on not keeping guilt and decision clutter for my girls. I don't want them to be bogged down with what I enjoyed from their life bc that would be everything lol. I am trying to keep to Dana White's, Cas of clutter bug and Dawn of minimal mom idea that a memory bin should be that - not the family stuff that would bury them.

or as Dana White uses and I know use: the container concept. A space, a room, a box, the car - whatever is a container - and there is only so much one can manage. I can't manage a whole lot. lol if that isn't the truth. So why would I expect my dear kids to take over.

Cas said that her dear mom in law saved 7 large plastic bins of clothing, toys and memories of her son/her husbands things from the 70's. The mom in law so it as a blessing that she saved that but she saw it as a curse. That has really touched me.

I have had boxes of my mom's collection sitting in the basement for over 7 years - they were antiques she paid a lot of money for that are not worth much now. She had wanted me to send it to a place in Door county, 5 hours from here, and I have to let that idea go. I will bring it to another antique dealer.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”