May 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

May 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby Harriet » Sat May 01, 2021 10:37 pm

We are on a roll with decluttering (whoosh!). A long and cheerful thread in April showed organization and letting go. What's going on with your house? Have you got success stories to tell? Do you have a space that's driving you slightly nuts? Can we give you some advice? Some cheerleading?

Harriet

Re: May 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby Harriet » Sat May 01, 2021 10:57 pm

I did some planning and a little work with HRH today. News to me is that one of his office's wide file cabinet drawers is full of nothing but photos. These are of family, work - everything. How is this even possible. How do you live with a man for 23 years and just now find out such a thing? Ugh. And of course, this sidetracks you when this happens. I was able to get some old precious things into baggies to protect.

blessed, my recurring similar nightmare is that I am on vacation and didn't realize it was time to move on to another destination. I will miss the transportation (?) and cause trouble to unknown traveling companions if I don't hurry and pack everything, also dress as intended, etc. I keep making mistakes in the dream - can't manage the suitcase, can't find the clothes I need. Like your dream, items seem to multiply around me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 am

d harriet - I would love to know: how many of us have a dream like that?! I think it happens to a lot of us!!!
your dh was the photographer in your family? He just wanted to surprise you with your next project lol
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:07 am

I am donating my Filson duck vest. I also am getting rid of my glass candle holders as dh and I are not entertaining at the level we once did.
some other things are going.

I am spending money that I don't want to but I have to put my energy in different areas - I am getting the inside of my car detailed as it is so so bad. I just don't have the mental energy for it. Wednesday is the day!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 02, 2021 3:06 pm

lol, no, this is a file cabinet he brought here when we married. These are mostly old. One box is from his grandmother's house, all her photos! I thought we had way too many photos otherwise, and now find it's been doubled. I assumed this file cabinet drawer was for his work, like others.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 02, 2021 5:26 pm

I brought up the basket of my summer clothes and sorted them.
Some are put away but not all. :roll:
I cleared off the bed enough so I can go to bed tonight.
Worked on one dresser and was able to clear it off and dust!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 02, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 02, 2021 6:34 pm

so cute - " I assumed this file cabinet drawer was for his work, like others". I love it.

well done d Nancy! I still have to finish that - good for you!

dh said he is worried I will declutter him if he's not careful. :lol:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun May 02, 2021 6:57 pm

Blessed, LOL :lol: :lol: . I will have to remember this!

I would like to declutter some bad habits but that's a whole other issue, not having much luck!

DH has been in touch with an old customer and they have a dumb project in the works...which I have my doubts is a good idea to do... and I'm wondering if she's trying to glam up her OLD house in an OLD area with OLD stuff around her ... and is she trying to clean out stuff... because she keeps giving DH things to bring home to give to ME. :shock: I'm now in posession of a very big spaghetti pot with the insert that has the holes for draining. I already have a stock pot, thank you very much, but you know, anything DH sees that's useful he thinks he should bring home to me. sigh.... He demoed a whole entire house one time down to the studs and I'm STILL getting rid of a lot of that stuff he brought home. :roll:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:17 am

d harmony
He demoed a whole entire house one time down to the studs and I'm STILL getting rid of a lot of that stuff he brought home. :roll:
oh my gosh!!!! too funny - He sounds like my dh.

I think they don't know how much mental work it is to take care of the stuff. my dh thinks our girls will take care of it after we are gone. :lol: too much.
your dh sounds like mine where he is too kind to say no or he thinks : it's free; isn't it great"
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon May 03, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:19 am

yesterday donated 2 coach purses that I don't use - one too big and one too small.
donated a bowl from my d mom bc I have enough bowls
donated dog stuff

Return to “The Decluttered Home”