November 2021, Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

November 2021, Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:29 pm

Are you preparing for company this year? Does it matter in your home if "company" is expected? Are you always plugging away anyhow, keeping up with The Joneses whether the Joneses will ever know? Or does the decluttering wind go out of your sails if no one appreciates your work, or, perhaps, if no deadline of a calendar event happens?

The Holiday Planning Thread went up in Art, Craft and Needlework and has me thinking about the happy, but sorta uncertain, prospects of family and friends coming in to homes for celebrations this year. What do you think? If the entertaining is subdued, what does that mean for your own hopeful projects of organization and spiffing? Does it just give you more time to tackle them? Are you fighting any lack of motivation?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: November 2021, Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:49 pm

I need to declutter surfaces in my home. lucky not to have a dinner here so it is not urgent but still needs to happen.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:59 am

I have been working on my clutter threshold. (Dana White concept). I have can't have a lot because my clutter threshold (the amount I can control) is extremely low. I think that right now I have too much again and it is causing me stress before the holidays.

I noticed that I had this big idea to draw a book about puppy adventures using my dogs - I kept a drawing thing for years that could help me copy d pups exactly on paper- it's going today. I thought I could use it on a wall to paint characters - again I don't have kids anymore (and if I can't have clean walls; why would I keep this for some beautiful imaginary, too big, concept.

I am also at the time of year where I am going through drawers before the holidays.
kitchen drawers are done.
Garage is ready for winter
Summer cloths are pulled to be put away in upstairs closet
I have donations in my car
cupboard is clean
refrigerators and freezer dejunked and cleaned

dd older has a beautiful fluffy sheep skin that she can see no use for. I thought at first it's too good to give away but I have young dogs and old cats - it will get ruined and I would rather it go to someone who would love it and keep it nice. It would get filthy here!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:15 am

Thank goodness our recycling starts again this week! That will tidy up the garage not to have random recycling bins around. And, since we moved the big recycling bin, will force me to clean up anything that has landed on top of it. (Right now, some goodwill things and bulbs to be planted.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:46 pm

glad that recycling starts again for you d twins

I made another donation... I have kept a beautiful wool coat that my d mom bought me years ago but it is so bulky for me - it's beautiful but heavy - I got it cleaned and donated it.
tossed 2 sandals bc of my ankles
dh donated a really great coat - our lives have changed and he is no longer in the office.
He also donated some cloths
I donated 3 sweaters we just had cleaned - dd younger lives in Florida - and doesn't use them.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:03 pm

I did clear off the driveway decluttered some leaves.
I moved a create of jars and put the step stool back in it's place.
So the hallway is cleared now yea!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:31 pm

I cleared out some of the autumn and Halloween things awhile back when I first took them down for the season. Got rid of a couple more things today before storing them. I left the next box to be used on a lower shelf so I can get to it. Since Hanukkah starts on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, it won't be long!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:37 am

that's great d twins. Next year, when going through your halloween and fall things, you will feel so much freedom with the things you really like!

Yay on getting those areas cleaned up! hallway is lovely!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:40 am

I am bringing something into my home for holiday time: paper plates and paper cups
I just don't want to do the amount of dishes that comes with this busy time.
Not good for the environment but awfully good for me.

giving my dear sis in law the extra bulbs - I bought too many for the one area.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”