January, 2022 Decluttering by Design

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: January, 2022 Decluttering by Design

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 am

this is the time of year where I really focus on Donate it or Deal with it. lol I have to put it in color so that I see it to remind myself.

I would love to donate dd Youngers stuff and the things that are in the basement - keepsakes for dd older.
I have dd Youngers golf cart in the basement :shock:
I can put it in the attack above garage but it's so hot in there - it won't last in there.

I got rid of my card file as with me and the dogs I have dropped it more times than I like to remember and end up playing 152 card pick up - knowing me I will buy another in the future
dh took my Japanese knife sharpener - he takes everything but it's out of the kitchen so I am happy.

today's goal is to look for wire hangers and get rid of them - they seem to sneak into the house every year.

I have to go back to Learning one thing a year - it's done well for me in the past

Keep to 3 crafts and no more than 3 crafts to work on at a time
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:25 pm

gone: one black bag of old paint supplies etc. including a can of paint that was left ajar
gone: misc delayed decisions that have been made into garbage or donation
finally put the old broken fireplace thingy in garbage bag. dh has been keeping it. he wanted to donate it but it is in horrible shape - he doesn't see it and that's okay. but it's gone now.
bought a new electric tea pot bc the other one continued not to work - that needs tossing.
got rid of old vet paperwork from both our dogs - the vet has it on their computer - I kept the current rabies papers and tags.
went through other papers and let go: why - the area I keep them in keeps going out of control which means I have too much stuff there.

regrets gone: just have to let it be.
I bought two gingerbread kits that were never used this Christmas. - tossed waste of money
money guilt bought pasta grannies - if I was a young beginning cook I would have learned from this - I already have pretty set recipes for noodle dough and sauces.
daughter guilt: got rid of dd Youngers taco book bc she doesn't live here and she is a great cook already! I won't ask.

paint can above that was left open a bit and now has to go - dd didn't know it wasn't closed. I now only keep the paint that we are using - the rest is gone.
long handled paint roller - dh couldn't take the roller off that dd left on the long handled paint roller.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:29 pm

put away in basement done:
one large black bag to toss done
consolidated dd older's boxes and pared things down that she has to look for - but at least it is off the floor in the basement

I kind of growled through this work. I put my big girl pants on and decided to just get it done.

dh had wanted to use the basement for himself - I don't use it - but now he says he just wants a table for his project.... I wanted it emptied so I am happy with this. I just hope his spread of his stuff doesn't spill over beyond the basement.

I have decided to get rid of the remaining games as no one plays with them with me any more. Now the girls are grown up it is better to bless someone else first

-------
next: pull the 2 files out and bring them outside
get rid of file folders as I don't use them anymore.

trying to stay with "realistic right now me" Dana K. White -
How to declutter in the speed of life"

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:06 pm

TOSSED/RECYCLED PAPERS
tossed broken heater
breath in!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:49 pm

I carved out a bit on the drive way snow bank so it will curve outward.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:29 am

well done on decluttering the driveway and having exercise at the same time d Nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:34 am

yesterday: I got rid of beige file folders (like new) - a file folder box that looked nice - 2 new packages of filling - (I had planned on a scarecrow couple from years ago and finally decided that I want to finish other projects before this)., some fabric, a man's British style hat for the scarecrow,
to donation center

tossed everything that wasn't donate-able from the scarecrow had planned for 3 years. I now have an empty box for dd Youngers cameras etc from the hall closet.

the other day we donated the smaller of the crates for the dogs - beautiful shape but I am not in a place where I will be able to get a puppy again.
let it go and bless someone else.

today: lots of kitchen things going to donation today!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:31 am

I have a bag lawn & leaf size I have been adding items to declutter in it as I do various zones.
I will drop off later when this surge is over..
But I can tell it is helping doing this clutter round up.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:02 pm

yay d Nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:38 pm

cleaning angels took our donations - wonderful - it couldn't go to better people.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”