January, 2022 Decluttering by Design

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

January, 2022 Decluttering by Design

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:27 pm

Welcome to our thread, where we chat about the chores AND the cheer we find in defending our lovely homes from clutter.

Does your "end game" in decluttering include the prospect of a more attractive home? Is that one of your objectives when you toss and donate and organize and corral? Of course, it's pretty important to have some space to move around. :lol: And we would really like to be able to find what we are looking for. :? But is there a ꧁ღ flourish ღ꧂ or two we're hoping for as well? It's pretty hard to decorate, or arrange keepsakes attractively, if you can't access the space, though, isn't it?

This year, how would you beautify a currently-too-cluttered spot in your home, if you had the space to design?

How would decluttering a workspace help you create for your home in the ways you dream? (foods? decor?)

What magazine photos or online images have inspired you to thoughts of recreating a look you really love?

One thing for sure: You are worth it! Off we go into 2022 decluttering. Let's include, by design, some cheerful beautifying this year.

blessedw2

Re: January, 2022 Decluttering by Design

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:05 pm

thank you d Harriet!!!
Yay on all of us realizing that we are worth it!!!
Hello everyone!!!

My continued goal is to keep the stuff in my home where I can maintain it. I have had so much stuff in my life that have overwhelmed me and made me feel bad about being a wife and a mom etc. I don't want to maintain things anymore -that has been my journey for the last years! I would rather enjoy my family, my life and to fix up my home where it is a haven instead of storage shed.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:26 am

donation centers won't take the christmas stuff so I am boxing it and marking it for donations in October/novemeber near halloween stuff. (putting it on my calendar to get rid of).

what was hard to get rid of this year: my big bulbed lights (the old fashioned ones) - I love them - but some bulbs keep blowing out each year and they are too hot for the tree. I love them outdoors but with a pup then it's like dangerous candy to a baby. When we had deer around here they would eat the wires on those every year. They went off to the recycling center.

I will just have to appreciate them at someone else's house.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:40 am

I have been thinking of putting Christmas stuff aside for June drop off Christmas in July donating as
Our thrift shop takes it then and they put out holiday items.
I have some things that are warmer ware items like sweaters tbat xa n go out now.
Have been thinking as I go in a room what can go so have already made the decision that helps a lot!
Next step is to grab a bag for these items.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:04 pm

great idea d Nancy! I will see if my donation center has Christmas in July!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:05 am

Yesterday we got rid of things we didn't want - Christmas white elephant and a mint soap collection still in wrapping. Also a game still in its wrapping.
its gone!

today I tossed something hard but would be harder for family. I have kept the paw prints from the vet when we put our animals down - instead of bringing good memories it just makes me sad - they went into the garbage. This last summer I got rid of most of the ashes in the regular garden- kept a really small amount to add to our ashes but I know some would think that as bad or morose. I have to think about it a little more before I let those go.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:39 am

from the book by Dawn Madsen:" Declutter your home in 15 minutes a day"

"It's always going to be inventory you have to manage. Yet seldom do you recognize the total weight of inventory management. It is a significant burden - both physical and mentally"

You thought that you were messy or unorganized when, in reality, you just had too much inventory to manage!"

"Do I want to manage and inventory this item any longer?"

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:46 am

Decluttered a non working washer yesterday!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:01 pm

Spent 15 minutes putting things away in craft/stamping area. Pulled out some things to donate.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:21 am

well done d twins! it feels good to put away things! you also donated things - good for you!!!

lol for me it is hard at first but once it's done it feels good

yay d Nancy on getting rid of the old washer - yay on new washer!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”