February, 2022 Decluttering by Design

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

February, 2022 Decluttering by Design

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:02 pm

Finding beauty in our homes is a wonderful goal and much easier to reach if we declutter and uncover SPACE to design there. Does your home give you a feeling of opening up your heart in February, or is it time to dig out a bit :roll: to reveal the spaces you love?

Do you have sorting surfaces to keep you ready for organizing? Cleared work surfaces to make it lighter work?

blessedw2 was "rocking it" in January, according to Nancy, lol. Quite right. Lots of inspiration in last month's thread. For instance, RamblinRose is in a new home discovering spaces.

blessedw2

Re: February, 2022 Decluttering by Design

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:03 pm

dear Harriet! thank you for starting us!!!

d harmony, d Nancy, d rose, d twins, and d everyone has been decluttering wonder's in January!!! Rah Rah Rah for everyone *\o/* !!! :D :D :D
Lots of hard work being done!

Happy February!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:07 pm

today I got rid of a laundry basket - I remember when I had tons of them :o but I have 2 for laundry downstairs in the laundry room. we have one laundry metal rolling basket in the closet upstairs. it's been great limiting plastic boxes and laundry baskets.

tossed 2 cans of paint - latex as they don't take it at local recyclers
tossed 1 spackle that is now bad
finally got the dvd in the actual trash can bc no one would take it for recycling - broken
I have a box of tools/fix it stuff in the car for donation.

soon I will be slowing down decluttering bc gardening will start again in April

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:58 pm

called junk place - They are picking up this afternoon - I dislike spending the money but the city won't accept it as the boards and wire shelves are way too long

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:12 pm

I am packing up my donation bin. I spent some minutes wiping it out before putting clean clothes in it. Will come back and list what's in it.

Thank you blessed. Today on my jaunt around town I dropped off the stuff in the bin. Here's what was in there:
Women's clothes: 2 blouses, 1 pair of shoes, 2 slacks.
Men's clothes: 5 sports coats., 1 man's shirt. 4 men's slacks, 1 pair of cheap flip-flops.
Household stuff: 1 plastic tray (big oval thing) and 1 very large picture frame.

Tossed, not useful for donation: 1 pair of shoes (cracked leather); 1 purse, 1 stack of paper, and 1 pair of men's slacks not good enough to donate.

I feel lighter!
Last edited by Harmony on Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:33 pm

well done d Harmony!!! good job!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Progress in the garage: to the garbage can, most of a broken shop vac DH was keeping for parts. Last shop vac of same model fell off the truck somewhere and broken one won't work with the new one, so I had permission to toss. About a shoe box full of pieces/parts no longer useful. BIG piece of cardboard template we made (handicap decal) I put in recycling. We no longer would do a big parking lot. One big old blanket. Thrown away Monday, 1 cooler without a lid. DH said it was useful, he had a piece of foam to fit the top...ah, no, we've replaced it years ago after someone accidentally sawed through the original top!

Can we count the dirt and grit and grime and dried up leaves I got rid of today? Well, I know it's gone!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:55 pm

I think we can. We're also "straightening", "organizing". So, you organized that stuff straight out of there. Credit.

I am glad to have decluttered the organic and not-organic things that needed to go from the planting areas and side yard I've been working on. I felt a little guilt over a couple of what turned out to be heuchera plants, but the reality was that they were planted too deep and in the wrong amount of sun, never had thrived. I generally neatened up and found semi-permanent "homes" for garden tools.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:59 pm

Went to the little free library and left a book & two cup of soups that dgd did not like ahead of the cold weather.
Counting that for declutterting.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:28 pm

Today tossing a pr of pants way past their prime! Counts!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”