July 2022, Decluttering by Design

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

July 2022, Decluttering by Design

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:15 pm

We are at the
EXACT HALF POINT OF THE YEAR!

What a wonderful time to start something anew, to make a plan, to dream a little dream of what could be by 2023. :idea: Join us for at least 15 minutes a day, set aside as a decluttering appointment with your lovely home!

And share with us "where you are" with your own decluttering in relation to the 2022 calendar! How will you keep track of "where you're going" with your decluttering for the next half-year? Will you track, calendar, schedule, MAP :D , or perhaps weigh those outgoing bags?

What about compliments? Do be sure to let your decluttering friends know about them!

blessedw2

Re: July 2022, Decluttering by Design

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:50 am

amazing! a half a year!!!
thank you for keeping us decluttering, d Harriet!!!

I have been decluttering but not listing it here bc it's not the heavy work. I look at this site and it gives me inspiration.

thank you!

cheering everyone on!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:34 pm

soon I will be going back to decluttering my mind, body and home/car/etc.

I am planning to use this:
Anxiety is the link to chaotic environments and our body tries to adapt to the chaos. Anxiety is a warning from your body- telling you that you don't feel safe or grounded. You are not connected with others.
Links to the community is a better way to support yourself rather than building things around us.

goal:
to live in the now; not in the fantasy self, the all or nothing self, other peoples clutter. What makes you feel at home!

"memory of the person gets transferred to the stuff; it's not the person" -If you find you are not able to breath bc of the stuff then it is too much.- " Your person is not there in the thing"
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:19 pm

I decluttered a to large fertilizer spreader today, it went to the neighbor's family member doing their yard. Yea!
I do not have to load it or haul it off!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:39 pm

Our big office purge happened today.

To the recycle bin: 12 phone books, 27 catalogues, 5 real big hardback books.

To the burn someday stacks: 13" high stack of paper. 2 BIG bins full to the top with papers, 11 smaller catalogues, 19 full size spiral notebooks.

To the garbage can: 6 big (at least 3") 3-ring binders.

I've kept 30 hanging folders but need to take all the labels off them and unstaple all the notes; several accordion folders and several regular manila folders kept. Someday I will pare that number down when I see how many file cabinets I keep. Pretty big 5-shelf bookcase is now empty except for 1 shelf. Someday that will go...somewhere.

Wednesday: Adding to my list. we took 5 big Chilton Books (car/truck mechanical books) DH doesn't find useful any more out of the living room bookcase. He wants to give them to someone but who would want them? They're for really old vehicles. I set them aside and will get rid of them sometime soon. 1 big paperback book did go into the recycle bin. Nobody would want that one either.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”