June, 2023 Clutter Control - Graduating to Higher Goals

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

June, 2023 Clutter Control - Graduating to Higher Goals

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Sometimes you're ready to choose some "Graduate Work" 8-) , mark a goal date on your calendar, and break through to a higher level of clutter control! June is the month we celebrate graduating from the things that are known to the things worth tackling!

If you make sure you are taking steps to advance in your decluttering journey, you'll continue to be motivated! Don't stay at an elementary level of "just keeping up". Be inspired to dream big and set goals that will truly improve your home and your state of mind!

How can you graduate to an advanced goal?
Could you pick an area of your home and take it from "so-so" to Magazine-Cover-Shoot level? :o
Is there a storage area that could go from "helpful" to "downright efficient" with attention from you?

Is there a space you've been dreaming of

┍━━━━━»•» ❀ «•«━┑

......decorating.......
┕━»•» ❀ «•«━━━━━┙

as soon as you finish the decluttering there?

Tell us all about your decluttering changes. We'll be so impressed with your advanced degree of inspiration!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: June, 2023 Clutter Control - Graduating to Higher Goals

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:06 pm

I'm graduating from digging out from survival mode to Finding the counter table & desk here this week.
Have not even thought about decor! LOL!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:23 pm

I keep working away at this decluttering. I took apart all the little tree project that never did good and took up a good bit of space on the snack counter where I put it. I washed it all out and dried, stacked it together, threw away the extra styrofoam cups I'd used for the extra seeds, put in a small plastic bag with the instructions and it's tucked out of the way into the 3-drawer junk container in the garage. I don't have trouble decluttering, only things that people give me. I'm always mindful that people might say where is this or that and I'd feel awful saying I gave it away. Someone a while ago asked me about a set of something...that I no longer have.... and I couldn't say that the lid quit staying on the thing and a couple of the other parts broke and I finally got rid of the rest of it. Guess I should have explained.

I watch a lot of decluttering gurus and all any of them say is that we shouldn't have to keep things that are given to us, don't do that, just pass them along. But they don't ever tell us what to say to people when they ask. How do you all handle stuff like that?
I'd say I'm getting pretty well cleaned out, all except things I've been given.

I've added a book, a blouse, a purse, a decorative pressboard container, and a scarf to my donation bin. The scarf is a funny item. I used to wear it with a dress I had, and as I thought about that...it was 29 years ago and I've never worn it since! Guess it's time.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:14 pm

I put up some bright art in the basement rec. room I got at a tag sale this weekend.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:21 pm

Got a bag of stuff from various locations ready to donate.
Cleared off the LZ in the carport too yea me!
A reason to celebrate!!! \*/

Tossed some old paint pens yea!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:48 am

Decluttered the bedroom closets and other storage in there. Looks much better, has better organization. I got HRH to do the reaching for me and the high shelf is much better now. There were a few things that some people, I understand, keep as sentimental from surgery and recovery. No, that's really not for me. The little pillows I was given were adopted by HRH, however, who just loves them for neck pillows, but anything else is gone.

Harmony, I also had difficulty getting rid of gift things given to me during that time - comfy stuff, but fancy and without practical use. Ultimately, HRH took it and put it on the high shelf, because, like you say, what if they ask?

Trying to keep up the weekly schedule of trash and recyclables because any delay quite literally takes up too much room to stay convenient at all. Mud room is a tight squeeze, and really the area for this is supposed to be a hallway, too!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:59 pm

I decluttered two books today. I got em used and they were old one was marked up.
I tossed em both doubt they were worth taking to the thrift shop or the library.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:44 pm

I have been decluttering, I have purged planner pages from last year yea! I got em bagged up yippe skippie,

Return to “The Decluttered Home”