July, 2023 Clutter Control - Spaces Need Liberating

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

July, 2023 Clutter Control - Spaces Need Liberating

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:46 am

We are at the
EXACT HALF POINT OF THE YEAR!

Cathy has reminded us in PWYC that it is Canada Day today. In U.S., it will be Independence Day soon.

What a wonderful month to start something anew, to make a plan, to dream a little dream of what could be by 2024! Join us for at least 15 minutes a day set aside as a decluttering appointment with your lovely home!

And share with us "where you are" with your own decluttering in relation to the end of 2023.
We all have spaces that are choked off or OPPRESSED by clutter! :(

Each declutter appointment liberates space, and in a way, it liberates us, too, doesn't it?

Your posts encourage us all! Be careful out there!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: July, 2023 Clutter Control - Spaces Need Liberating

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:58 pm

I have been working on getting at least one thing each day out of here while that dump trailer was here.
So I have been successful at that.
Today I took a bag of items and one other thing to the Church Yard sale when I went they were asking for donations.
That was a win win for me.
Dd wanted the smaller side table so that can come up out of the basement and go out side or in the shed my staging area.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:41 am

cheering on everyone!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:18 am

Most recently another skill saw with a cord special ann. edition found and gave to dgson, not sure he is ecstatic about it b/c he is used to
the rechargeable style. But the corded ones work when the batteries are dead.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:51 pm

Dd & dgd are enjoying the bounty from here a kitchen aid mixer bundt pan, and two dressers I had available to share with them!
Yea for abundance and decluttering. A pad follio and leather soft briefcase left as well that was not being used here left.
Also a tension rod shower curtian, and coat rack left the premises.

Plus a bag of papers are ready to go out to the trash for trash day pick up.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:47 pm

Last month I posted about our overburdened little mud room and the need for organizing. That's where kitty potty, trash, recyclables, laundry twins and the only path to the half-bath and a closet all "collide". I really think I've gotten the space for trash and recyclables under control now, plus better use of kitty potty space.

That, plus taking the whole room out of the rotation of focus attention (I know - I almost never do that) and into an every-Tuesday weekly calendar slot instead, helps it be less stress inducing. This way, the room chores work WITH trash/recyclable pickup, which is an immovable calendar deadline.

HRH is still making noises about the use of the closet there becoming more like a pantry. I don't think it can be all he wants it to be but I'm willing to keep working. I'd like to take a day with him and pull everything out, let him put gardening items and small appliances in there wisely, and then really see whether there is room for a pantry. Just because it looks like a pantry doesn't mean it should be one. It's kind of far from the kitchen when you think of all the uses you are walking past to get to it. I understand his thinking, because now we are using deep under-counter cabinets and they are hard to get to. Hmmm... ..

Hope that dump trailer was a big help, Nancy!

blessed, it's so good to see you pop in! Cheering you on in general.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:06 am

Dson said take would take the older rechargeable tools of his dad's I am not using them and he has the same set and may be able to use the batteries if they still work. This is great news at it is a bulky item and I will have to bring it up one tool at a time as I cannot lift the case it is in with all of them in it. So yea for a plan on that.

I have been showing the shed to people who come to look at the deck b/c the shed is decluttered and looks awesome at the moment before lawn mower gets stored in it for winter.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:42 pm

Nancy, I wish I had a relative who would come here and take tools like that! We have boatloads.

Harriet, do you have need of an outbuilding of some sort?

In our rollie bin, going out in the pickup tomorrow is all the stuff I decluttered from the big truck, yards and yards of black vinyl mostly in tiny pieces that I pulled off the sides (lettering) and more old stuff that's not good for anything... and I had to smile when I put the household stuff in on top and saw it all ready for pickup. I suspect there will be a lot more to go in coming days, but I will be patient as we figure out how to do all this.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:17 pm

Harmony, that is a definite topic around here. We have considered a car port, for instance, and wondered about one side of it being a storage building. We have considered transporting the small building at dd43's over here, which would be thrifty, but I am doubtful. For looks, I would like to choose an attractive storage building of new construction, painted the same as our house's trim. Just not sure about the wise decision.

I do NOT like the screened porch being used for any storage at all, no matter how neat. It's not large enough to allow for it for one thing, but mainly it is an entrance first and foremost, and deserves to look nice. We've spent money painting it, redoing the screen door, and goodness knows I've planted flowers all around it, lol. It's a really nice feature of the house if we can keep it that way!

We keep paring down... ..

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:11 pm

Dd is going to take the small dirt devil upright vacuum that I do not use she needs one.

I am going to paint a small side table to go with the deck decor, it got a bit scuffed up during the deck build while it was in use.
I got another crate to paint they are great for storage I can use move and keep here and there.
I luv the option of painting them for diff. areas and rooms too.
The boxes for pic. help keep things out of site too!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”