October, 2023 Clutter Control - Spookiest Spaces!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

October, 2023 Clutter Control - Spookiest Spaces!

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:19 pm

Let's be brave and scare some clutter right out of even our home's darkest corners, crevices and under-spaces! Come in to tell just how scary your spookiest space is, and post about your inner monster and how she sends that clutter packing, to inspire the rest of us!

And while we are about it, there are still a few months until those most likely visitor-days of the holiday season, with photo-taking. (GASP - this is getting REALLY scary.) In the months coming up, it's not just little Trick or Treaters who will be knocking on the door! We can use decluttering time now to brighten and clear the areas where ALL our visitors will hope for hospitality through the holidays.

Harriet

Re: October, 2023 Clutter Control - Spookiest Spaces!

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:08 pm

My favorite decluttering this month has been in sewing room, the readying for making the quilt. Clear surfaces and clear thinking both needed! All other projects, etc completely put away.

Won't be scary 'cause I made sure to put everything in it's place! Monitoring the bottom of that closet! No more sneaking up on me! ;)

Today was a difficult one to get ready for trash pickup and actually had to do it in the dark tonight but got it all done.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:05 pm

Planner purge and paper in them have been my focus in the creativity room has been my scary room this month.
Made some progress and it is lass scary now yea!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:05 pm

We are getting closer to a decision on a storage building. If you build 12 x 12 here, the county doesn't pay you any attention, so that size or less may be the way we go. There are several companies around that will come to you and build, which is probably what we want. When I was younger, I built two that we once had - one with my late dh. I remember coming here and telling, btw, that I re-roofed my parent's (previously my playhouse!) all by myself while the kids were in school. No desire to crawl all over a roof anymore - we'll have it done.

We are slow as Christmas deciding, though. And SPOOKY would be the part about how much it costs, lol.

Got all the recyclables done and in cans by dusk today. Found a lot that could go on my decisions alone. If HRH could have worked with me, and made more decisions, I'd have been further ahead, but he was doing other things. Still pleased.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:32 am

I took holiday new to me items out to my shed and took vids of those thrifted items.
Shed vids. are very popular.
Mine is 7'x 14 I think it was build off side and
$700 back in the day prices have gone up it is 15-20 yrs old does not leak!
I have to put an extension cord in it, or take a flash lite for liting if needed.
Dd has some lites that might work for that I do have a portable lite out in it but I usually just go out in the day time or take a flash lite with me.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:40 pm

I put the plastic grocery bags into a hanging elastic-topped cloth cylinder made for that purpose. Much neater, hanging on the back of the mudroom door. Anything that wouldn't go in is tossed. Visually, the new kitty potty cover of a cardboard "house" seems to make the room neater. It would be nice if it were sturdy enough to put something on, but that's not practical because I need to be able to pull it out and put it back easily.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:56 am

I need to box up and or containerize culled papers to sort later this will free up spaces.
Doing zone work on my butterfly room ahead of Nov. nano prep.
Did clear off desk yesterday in that room yea for that progress.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”