December, 2023 Clutter Control - Home and Hospitality

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Twins' Mom

Re: December, 2023 Clutter Control - Home and Hospitality

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:56 pm

Harriet at the top left, just above where it says "Board index » THE CAFE » The Decluttered Home" are two links, one for "Unanswered posts" and the other "Active Topics." When I'm here I usually click on "Active Topics" instead of looking at the board index and then clicking down on forum titles. Does that make sense? I see the topics that have had posts most recently and read those.

I am thinking I need to do some clutter-busting and reorganizing in the new year.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:38 pm

I decluttered a shopping list on amz. books and journals mostly got deleted.

I took two plates out to the shed to donate later.

Sorted out a shelf will bring out other items / put away a few other things later next time I"m in that room.
Took down more decor things to put away and sort when all of it is rounded up.

Some years I set Christmas in July to sort and declutter holiday items our thrift shop does Christmas in July.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:01 pm

Well, thanks, Twins', but nope that is not what I see, which probably has something to do with being a mod/green dress. I have "quick links" there, and never pay much attention to it but it is a pull-down of things. The first few are so unimportant to me, like just finding my own posts. On down, you are right, I do see active topics and I should have known it was there. I'll have to check that sometimes.

It's porch week for cleaning focus next week, so I've been working on declutter of our back porch, which is indented into the ranch house, not something that sticks out. It can be such an inviting little space (3 walls and screening on the outside wall), but we need to get past dd's move-in, plus start using the new storage building well. The walls are attractive white vertical wood siding. The floor, concrete, is not very nice because it's old and also has stains. HRH is considering the kind of surface covering that some people use for garages. We'll see. Just neatness makes a world of difference. I would like to decorate but am pretty impressed with how quickly things can mildew out there. (north facing)

Return to “The Decluttered Home”