December, 2023 Clutter Control - Home and Hospitality

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

December, 2023 Clutter Control - Home and Hospitality

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:21 am

We are a success! ... .. we are just not finished, lol.

A year of decluttering work on our homes is a success, but does not finish a thing, of course, since decluttering will always be an ongoing project.

Still, the month of December gives us a pause to look around and realize that others can be offered hospitality as a result of our efforts. That's profound. We can provide a place for meaningful, memorable celebration, and welcome those the Lord has given to us as family and friends. We can appreciate the space and refuge that our lovely homes were meant to provide. :)

If DASHing through the snow makes for stash-and-DASHes (and it will), remember this time to make more than a mental note about getting back to the stash-and-dash. :roll: Put it on the calendar! :idea: "bag shoved under bed has mail !" :D There are no bad stash-and-dashes, only bad follow-up.

Do you have year-end Clutter Goals that you are reaching? Let us know, we're interested. Are there failures that frustrate you? We have BTDT. Are you forming a plan for making 2024 more of a success that 2023? We hope it will be the best ever.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: December, 2023 Clutter Control - Home and Hospitality

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:32 am

I have some boxes of donations so glad I told the gal they could be picked up!
I made a good call on that as it snowed on 12.1.23
I have a few items to add and swap with the spot holiday decor items are taking up.

I spend hrs. on and off on earlier this week on the butterfly room.
Got some papers sorted and planners move out of there and it's so good to see the surfaces again now.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:52 am

Goodwill drop-off today!

Got so much recyclable-and-trash work done yesterday. Literally worked for an hour all around the house doing that. Can was full.

The storage building has arrived, relocating after much work by all our kids. I have told them that this work is ALL the present they are to give us this year. Dstepson and DangerBoy built the steps today and will get to the corner trim that is banged up to replace that this weekend. Then at some point we'll paint, but I don't feel any rush.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:26 am

Since this is at the top of "Active topics" right now, I should make a plan declutter the bin of winter decorations before stowing it back. And wouldn't hurt to declutter a bin of fall decorations either, since they are still sitting in the garage floor right now. (Whoops.) I have decided to let the little refrigerator from upstairs go, and a little three tier plant stand from upstairs. I forget to water since I don't go up there all the time, and the room really doesn't get enough light for plants when I keep front blinds closed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:13 pm

Next!
I am working on the next room to declutter was not going to do this till after Christmas ...
but dd asked about getting her desk back it was stored here temporarily so of course it became a parking spot for "stuff".
I have unloaded it and dusted it off.
Now to figure out what to do with the stuff. Books in the attached bookshelf and not Christmas decor & other items.

I can put my tall rolling desk in that spot and it will free up floor space in the small room too.
Donated some books & journals today.
Put keeper books downstairs.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:00 pm

I have some items rounded up to declutter by the door when it warms up a tad and is no longer frosty I'll take the items out
and get them loaded up.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:56 pm

I mined some items out of the basement in a box to declutter boxed it up and got the other things
out to the shed. I'll deliver later the donation center is not accepting donations on Wed. or Sun. so has to be a diff. day.
Unless I can find someone to take it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:22 pm

Twins', I have wondered since you posted, what you mean by top of active topics? Perhaps that is something I don't see on my screen, or something you are working with for your own planning.

We also have a quandary about a little refrigerator.

Today was a big declutter push here, and somewhat an organizing one. Saw ds at the driveways and he called out a hello to me. We were both putting cans back, but as I showed him, I already had more to go in them.

I received a new (our old pattern) set of replacement dishes for Christmas from HRH, so I am planning how I'll use the cabinets in an organized manner to save other items I want, or let some go. I need to get dd26 up on a stool, lol, and have her clean some high cabinets and relay things to her.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:09 pm

I did a donation drop off today at the donation center yea for progress!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:28 pm

I haven't had the mental capacity to work on donation for quite a while but I am finally feeling that it is time to declutter!

I have been so so proud of all of you as you have worked! Well done!!!!!!

the donation place is not taking Christmas things anymore and I am torn on whether to just toss things or hold it until next year. What do you think?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”