February Declutter Strategy, 2024

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

February Declutter Strategy, 2024

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:13 pm

If you were to "hire an expert" organizer in February, what a nice client she/he would have! :) Yet no professional can know as much about what your home needs as you do. So why not "hire" yourself? Take a look at your decluttering plan as though you are a pro looking at the home for the first time, and make sensible suggestions. When you come to your declutter appointments, work briskly and efficiently to do your best for your very lovely “client”!

Do the math:
Even if you can only give 15 minutes a day, by the end of a month that's the equivalent of hiring an expert for an 8-hour day of attention. :idea: And she's cheap, too.

Isn't it wonderful to see a formerly cluttered area become clear and pleasant!?! Everybody likes it when they can see they've made a difference. When you get just one space decluttered, as you go through the house you see that one room and it inspires you to keep going! Let us know your successes and your missteps - we hope the best for you.

blessedw2

Re: February Declutter Strategy, 2024

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:56 pm

I love the declutter thread even if I don't list things I get rid of - I do have a bag that is ready to go though!

thank you do harriet!

I have a closet that has a plethora of photos, dd's camera stuff, presents, luggage and a bunch of other things that will need decluttering and simplifying. I am trying to decide if I should empty the whole thing into one bedroom and give the closet a good clean. I really would like to get rid of a lot.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:09 pm

I picked up the living room things I am not currently working on.
Spinning projects that got shoved aside as I was shoveling snow instead this year.

Tues. worked on the kitchen counters and got a bag of trash out after putting away stuff I had empties of this and that to let go of.
Felt great to get it out of here. Some things went to the shed till have have a box to donate when it's not raining.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:47 pm

Here, trying to keep the mud room clear and efficient still seems to be a never-ending "barely", but it is happening.

The homemade cardboard "house" for kitty potty is still working well. I believe most people would ignore it as far as looks - just some utilitarian piece of furniture in a mud room corner. I decided against covering it or giving the "house" any curb appeal, lol. Plain, nothing to see. But it serves well as a "room divider" between kitty area and the rest of the room, and that is worth a lot. The little nightlight (on the wall that the box pushes up against on the open side) never touches anything, keeps the "house" lit and Tobias isn't afraid of the space at all. I'm not sure this would work without some kind of light. I guess I could have had one of those battery lights for closets, but this is on whenever its dark. and that's best.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”