Health and Fitness May, 2024

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness May, 2024

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2024 10:25 am

Starting a new month of healthy living!

Check out last month's long thread full of tips, new plans, diet bets won and pursued, long-term streaks of fitness, creativity's effect on calorie intake, and dealing with pain while STILL staying active (which is cool).

Post your encouragement and inspiration here!
Also your frustration - we definitely get it!

Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness May, 2024

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 am

5700 steps yesterday, not as much as day before, but respectable, given the circumstances. Weight this am was slightly below pre cruise levels, tho not back to beginning of year.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 01, 2024 2:11 pm

Got 10,000 + steps yesterday.
Regular steps the rest of the week.
Wed. 5-8 got 11,000 + steps today nearly 12,000. :mrgreen:
I walked on Thurs.
Today Fri. I"m just a few hundred steps from 10K doing laundry so will reach that goal before bed time as It's not six yet.
Sat. got my steps in.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 12, 2024 10:52 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 04, 2024 3:43 pm

Yesterday I got in 14k steps… however my eating was off. I ate a piece of cake at our function … I considered it my birthday cake :lol:

Didn’t get in my water cause I was so busy. Today is gonna be tough as I have an event with drinks and food. I’ll just have to be careful

Knew this would be a tough two weeks with so many things going on, but this is just a blip in my life so I’ll enjoy it carefully
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am

I had nearly 42K steps for the week that ended yesterday. The coming week I'll be flat on my back, at least some of the time. Not sure I'll wear Fitbit this week but I will today and at least tomorrow a.m.

DH and I walked the dog a couple of laps yesterday and I had the dog's leash over 1/2 the time. I even held on when she spotted BUNNIES cavorting - and one stopped right in the street for a few seconds. She has quite the prey drive when it comes to squirrels, bunnies and chipmunks.

I lined up a teen to walk her on Wed, Thurs. and Friday, when dh will be away and I'm recuperating.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 05, 2024 8:21 pm

Today was well spent, I think. Good eating day of tofu scramble with lots of fruit/veg variety, then my poor girl's supper with a sweet potato, peas and grains. When I wanted a snack, I had my spiced herbal tea that costs too much, lol. It does get my attention with lovely aroma, keeping me from eating whatever lesser thing was calling my name. There was some salt but minimized. I used my "Table Tasty" salt substitute for part of seasoning in the scramble.

Never mind the doughnut. lol!

4 of 7 days this past week got checkmarks for exercise, so, on plan.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed May 08, 2024 9:30 pm

Got my 10k steps in, plus my water and stayed on my eating plan. This will be a tough week as I have a Mother’s Day luncheon on Saturday with food choices out of my control. However my Mother days dinner at the country club on Sunday has roast beef along with several other things that are on my plan. They always have wonderful desserts so we’ll see how it goes. I have another luncheon the next week. I ordered a Cobb salad…best out of the three choices I was offered. It’s held at the same country club as my Mothers
Day celebration. The servings are large so I can get a go box because I only plan on eating half of it.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 10, 2024 7:51 pm

so so day yesterday..

Went to the zoo yesterday and had fun. Got most of my water in but came down with a migraine later in the afternoon so only got in 8K steps

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 12, 2024 8:23 am

Friday I managed to get in 15k steps. Drank most of my water and stayed on my eating plan

Yesterday I had to really focus on what I ate. My Mother Day gathering had plenty of pies and cakes and other goodies, but I only ate some fruit. Got my water in and 13k steps.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 13, 2024 10:48 am

I have avoided posting here because I am not having success in keeping my weight in check. I could give a million reasons why I am struggling, and I freely acknowledge they are true. However, no matter what is going on in other areas of my life that does not mean I should remove the priority from taking the best care of myself that I can.

Reminding myself that taking care of my health must be a priority.

So here I am. With renewed motivation, I will not give up. I will do my best each day.
I am posting for accountability.

Yesterday I tracked calories as best as I could. Because I was eating other people cooking, I couldn't weigh ingredients or even know exactly everything that was in the dishes I ate. As best and honestly as I could estimate, I ate 1264 calories with 78g of protein.
My 6238 steps were low, and I only hit my hourly goal 11 hours out of 14. I was with family and friends for 7 hours and we had rain falling for over a dozen hours limiting my ability to walk outside. So my activity was on the low side.
I tried yesterday and the scales showed 1/2 lb loss this morning.
I will try again to do my best today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Healthy Habits”