Health and Fitness May, 2024

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness May, 2024

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 14, 2024 9:20 am

Day 2 of trying is in the books.

Successes and blunders happened.

I tracked my food and made the best decisions that I know how to. 126g of protein & 1226 calories were my final food numbers for the day.
My steps are still lower than I would like them to be. 6344 steps with 11 hours of exceeding 250 steps.
Scales showed another .6 lbs lower this morning.

My stress level is high with some cr*p happening with DD47. I am trying to let that go and know it is out of my hands to solve. Easier said than done but I am trying to reduce stress level so I don't turn to food and let it sabotage my effort.

I am going to try again today to keep focus and priority on my health.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 15, 2024 12:44 pm

Day 3 of trying

My stress level was high yesterday. It showed up in my hunger level. I was craving everything to eat. The paint on the wall was being considered.

I did eat more than I wished but tried to log everything. I was able to keep the desire controlled to binge eat everything in the world. It could have been much worse if I weren't actively trying to stay focused on my health.
1673 calories with 93g protein
7231 steps with 12 hours of being minimally active.
.6 lb loss on the scales this morning

I am taking this one day at a time. Each day I decide if I want to put the effort into focusing on my health. I am saying YES to doing that today.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 15, 2024 9:48 pm

((LadyM)) That's what lucylee once (or twice) said - 'just think how much worse if I wasn't trying'. Considering the paint, though, hmmm... .. maybe time for rice cakes? :)

My level of stress has not been high on any one day, perhaps, but I believe it is at a higher level as we get closer and closer to some deadlines around here. Mother's Day brought candy into the house from more than one direction. I gave some to dgdC but the chocolate... .. I must admit I let it get to me.

Hoping the headaches are leaving Ramblin' alone.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 15, 2024 11:26 pm

Got my 10,000 steps in Wed.
Over 3 + mi. today and over 10,000 steps on Thurs.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 16, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 16, 2024 10:40 am

I put my Fitbit back on after my shower yesterday and had 5600 steps for the rest of the day. I walked with dh and ddog two laps when he got home from work too. And planning for a salad for lunch today. Still struggling to maintain "regularity" following post surgery pain meds.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 22, 2024 8:21 pm

I was walking and got a compliment a gal on the loop said I was the only person that is brave enough to to walk in the wind, :mrgreen: I had on layers and a hoodie, I put the hood on at one point to protect my ears! I have some routes I do when it's windy that are more protected.

Some days I wait till it's not so gusty outside.

It was cool and refreshing I felt better when I got home, got the cobwebs out of my head. The dog always gets really exited when I P & put on my shoes b/c she is hopeful we will head out on a walk!

It was good to get a compliment!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 23, 2024 11:36 am

I missed winning my diet bet but not by much … already signed up for the next one which starts next week. I am making my step goals and eating on my plan. I have been eating low carb chips and bread which I didn’t eat last game so I am not going to eat them this time.

Those two things are the only added to my eating plan so I plan to eliminate them this go-round.

Need to work on getting all 64 ozs of water wash day as well.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 25, 2024 8:10 am

My diet bet doesn’t start till next week, but I’m still focused on my eating.

We ate at a fast food place last night. I like eating there because I can get a loaded double hamburger patty without a bun and a diet drink with no caffeine. I’ve quit drinking diet soda unless I’m eating out.

I had 12k+ steps without even going to my class. However I was short on getting all my water in. Need to work on that.

LadyM… I am a stress eater too and need to do a lot of self talking… sometimes out loud … to keep me away from bingeing
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 25, 2024 10:02 am

I'm torn about counting my steps for the next two weeks at the beach. Normally I don't wear the Fitbit - too hard with swimsuit and water and all. I wear mine clipped to my waistband. OTOH, I'm trying to get my stamina back and start working out when I come home. For the record, I had 8K steps on Thursday and 10K yesterday and I've been exhausted.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 26, 2024 8:37 am

I just finished recording my hourly step count and daily step count. I did not put any focus or effort this past week into either one of them.

My average for this week -
6 Hours per day with at least 250 steps (aka 18 hours per day that I barely moved my body)
4339 steps per day

Instead of being disappointed about how low they are, I am pleased to have this baseline information. Now I know what my counts will be if I don't put in some effort.

It is time for me to resume my effort to take better care of myself.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Healthy Habits”