Health and Fitness, March, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, March, 2014

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Got my ex. Rounds done yesterday eventually.
I have done ex. Bike this a.m. so will do a walk and / or do yd. Work, gazelle later.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 pm

I was on my feet decluttering, cleaning, in the kitchen for an hour and worked up a great sweat. It'll be my counted exercise for the day. Now I'm active doing laundry and might declutter in the end table drawer some more and my small office desk is driving me "bonkers"! :!: :roll: :oops: Might work in my office for more exercise, too. :idea:

My eating is on track because of IBS problems, so now I'm not having IBS problems, although I need to follow a stringent diet and take a pill occasionally. Also, I'm trying to relax more and stress less and have less anxiety. So being busier is helping with that, plus I'm losing weight, too. I've been 180.5 Lbs., 180.3 Lbs. for 2 days, so by being busy and walking, doing yoga, etc... it's helping me lose weight. I'm on a solid food diet again, too. It's nice to finally see the big 1 - 8 - 0! My "goal" is 179.9 Lbs., but it might take awhile to get there. You know how plateaus are. :roll:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Twins, my fitbit had a heck of a time handling the time change between NZ and LA - I just gave up on it but in the long run my weekly average wasn't bad because I couldn't change the date, just the time so I ended up with an extra day that week. Made up for 12 hours in a plane!

You have to use your computer to reset the time and I did that for most of the trip because I use it as a watch too. But the date was wrong for a lot of trip because it never handled the date line. Thankfully, I came back eastbound, had the trip continues west bound, I don't know what I would have done with date being wrong.

I find the website basically too slow to be useful. So I wouldn't recommend it to someone else who wants detailed records. The stats I get are never what I'm looking for. For instance I get my % of steps towards my goal but not the actual number I've done since Monday and to add those up takes about 1 minute per day for the day's steps to load. The weekly number is the past 7 days not the current 'week'.

I'm not sure how useful the sleep info is, either. And the stairs info can get messed up by atmospheric pressure, or walking on a ship!

That reminds me, I don't think I've done 10 flights of stairs today.

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:33 am

POTB to Kathryn & Twins achieve such big goals with # of steps.
POTB to Nancy & Ivy for being so consistent in exercising!

RE: Fitbit data - I pull the fitbit data into a Google spreadsheet. It has been working flawlessly for over a year. My problem with fitbit is the "operator". :oops: I need to set a goal and start taking more steps. Soon....very soon.

I am seeing progress in weight loss after my renewed effort in tracking food and keeping my focus on H&F. The scales are slowly moving in the right direction finally. 2.6 lbs lost this past week.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:49 am

I have been tracking weekly totals only in a spreadsheet. On Monday evening I receive an email that is Monday - Sunday summary with some averages and I enter those in the spreadsheet looking for the trends. OKay, are you entering daily stats?

Yesterday. even with the help of about 2K day before steps, I only had 6734, altho there were 14 active minutes toting heavy to me backpack around, I suppose.

WW is tonight, need to get back on that horse and ride!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks Okay!
Bs was up today so I did 10 mi. On the ex bike
this morning. Got my walk done before dinner after dgkids left at dusk. 55* outside now.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:00 pm

I forgot my pedometer this morning... Drags However my eating and water consumption has been right on target for the past two days. Couldn't walk doggies last night because of a headache. It's that season for me.

No sugar, no diet soda, wheat or flour. No sugar and low carbs. Can drink sparkling water so that will me my evening treat. Can hide the tummy muffin in the winter, but spring is about to hit.... Back being good friends with Jorge Cruise. I feel much better when I do :D
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:55 am

I am eating my "skinny muffin" as I write. I stayed on target yesterday. Last night I put my pedometer next to my coffee pot so I wouldn't forget it. This morning I'm good to go.

I am not getting on the scale right now, but I can already tell my "belly" is not as bloated. Just trying to do this one day at a time. Focusing on changing my negative self thoughts and replacing them with positive one. I am amazed at how many negative things I am/was saying to myself on a daily basis. Don't know if this will make any difference but figured it was a good place to start. So far so good ;)
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Posting to maintain H&F focus

OKay, are you entering daily stats?

The Fitbit/google spreadsheet app post daily stats pulled from the fitbit website automatically at midnight. I don't look at that google spreadsheet daily, but use it to easy capture and review the data.

I do enter daily stats manually for food intake/nutrition and healthy habits.

Like Cowinkie mentioned changing those negative thought is a constant struggle. I have a spreadsheet that I post short uplifting Positive thoughts/reminders. I "earn" 5 points in my daily H&F habit spreadsheet by either reading through them and/or writing a new one. I think it is making a difference in my thought process. I can easily recall several positive H&F thoughts/statements throughout the day just from reading over them each morning.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:28 pm

Cowinkie, I had my blueberry skinny muffin this a.m. as brunch, I guess. Early I'd had 1/2 pear. Later a fresh egg scrambled with a little cheddar sprinkled over the top and slice of bacon. That's enough sugar for the day (blueberries and pear) but I don't beat myself up too much over fruit. Trying to have a large tossed salad a day. Have you read Grain Brain? Gotta read it. Huge.

Ivy, I'm so glad you're feeling better. What diet works best for you, BRAT? I'd noticed you mentioned some triggers though I don't remember them right now.

Return to “Healthy Habits”