Health and Fitness, December 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2014

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Extra trips up and down the stairs today count for some ex.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:34 pm

I made it to the pool and 'not drowned' for 30 minutes. I had the pool to myself for about 10 minutes then a man with flippers and ear plugs got in to do laps. We managed to sort-of keep to lanes (small pool, only 2 'lanes' which are just marked with paint, no floats dividing them.) Then a third man came who wanted to swim widths. Since he was a strong swimmer and the pool is only about 8 yards wide (if that) I offered to have us switch to swimming up one lane and down the other but he only wanted to stay in the shallow end because he had nearly drowned in the ocean and is now afraid of water over his head.

When I was done with lengths, I worked on stretches (while in the deep end so only arms or legs would keep me up) and then squats on the stairs to remind my leg muscles what they are supposed to be doing. On land they don't want to cooperate at all so I'm working on stretching out the muscles while in the water.

The hot tub is now working but it isn't too hot and only one jet. I spent some time in there doing more stretches and then massaged my feet with the single jet.

A suburban Y is closing in January so we aren't sure how busy we'll get. They have a nice pool so it is a shame. I'm guessing everyone will switch to other exercise clubs in the area and not join ours since we are a good 20 minutes away.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:39 pm

So far not a great day for getting in my steps, I'm only at 4K. It's sprinkling outside so ddogs and I didn't go far. Will need to use treadmill today to maintain my four-day streak of 10K steps.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:33 pm

I am using the treadmill more and more for 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there and that is helping get my numbers up.

I just crossed 10K for the day thanks to the treadmill (it was probably good for 3K of that.) I can sit down now, guilt free and enjoy and tv show and ice my knees. Then, if I have energy, I'll get back to the decorating.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Made it to 10k!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:33 am

Yeah for the both of you...

I'm joining your club...

I put on 4.5 miles with my gazelle and and extra mile from walking the puppies...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:50 pm

I made my 3 goals yesterday. :)

One of DH cousins has got me interested in THM (Trim Healthy Mama) way of eating. I know just enough about it to be interested in learning more. I have ordered the book and will be studying it during this coming month.

We signed the papers on Birthday House today so it is full steam ahead with moving. Except it is RAINING!?!?! Really? We have months and years of drought then it starts raining when we are ready to move. LOL!! I'm not complaining though, let it rain!! We will move when it stops raining.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:34 pm

After running errands, I'm at 9K steps so should easily make 10K for the day, which will be a streak of 6 days.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:40 am

Yesterday i didn't met all 3 goals. However I'm okay with that because I stayed aware of my goals and looked for opportunities to make them happen. I'm not making excuses but just acknowledge it was an unusual day. I get frustrated when I could have made my goals and choose to not do it, however when OBE happens I conceded the loss and move on.

Lately I would guess half of my daily steps involve carrying a something (loading/unloading boxes of stuff). I wouldn't be surprised to learn I am carrying over a ton a day. I can feel the side muscles of my back. They ache in a good way that shows they are getting a good workout.

weight is still in the 5 lb bounce around area. We ate a celebration lunch yesterday at newly opened Mexican place. I was surprised the scales didn't go up this morning with all the sodium in that meal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:29 am

Got my 10 mi. On the ex. Bike done last night. Bs was excellent #88 this morning.

Return to “Healthy Habits”