Health and Fitness June 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness June 2014

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:57 am

Just got back from a morning walk with dd. We probably walked a little over a mile, yet at 8:00 a.m. the humidity was so heavy it felt uncomfortable. We sort of intended a longer walk but cut it short. Hmmm... .. maybe 7 a.m. is better? I looked up the humidity online and it said 87 percent when we got back.

I've been doing the Basic workout lately. Considering change in schedule with school's end. I know early morning is too early for good flexibility and waiting too late means I'm tired. Thinking about those apps that alarm and tell you to do things. LOL. Maybe I need a commanding computer voice to instruct me that it's noon and I should go turn on the DVD player! :lol:

Ivy it is my brother in law, HRH's younger brother, who is trying to lose weight with better water drinking. The weight of 225 probably didn't sound high, but he is only about 5'9". Actually, thinking of ds, he is one member of the family I would not advise to change his weight or shape. He is consistently at 200 but 6'1" and has to lead calisthenics all the time.

Ivy, it was so obvious that HRH was being silly :roll: that I wasn't too embarrassed. I think the nurses caught on quickly, but not before they had seen him genuinely weaving as he walked. In a way, I think he was just letting them know this miiiiiight have been too much meds without actually criticizing anyone.

Bad fast food decision recently that I won't repeat was eating at an Ar by's, where evidently the salt is piled on high. Wow. The next morning I didn't even recognize my scale number! I had gained 2 pounds and actually had some confusion looking at the number, which I just knew would be what I expected. Then I remembered that meal!

Better fast food decision I could have made - Chili salad at Wen dy's. One of few ways to get beans into the diet when you are traveling or rushed. Never a bad effect on scale for me.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:00 am

Thxs Ivy...

Up.3 lbs this morning, that's because I had a headache last night and had to take med. This too shall pass.

Yesterday I walked 1.5 miles on my gazelle and jumped up to day 7 on my ab challenge. I kept increasing the amounts of each exercises till they felt like a challenge.
25 sit-ups
25 crunches
25 leg- lifts. I felt those
1 minute plank
20 squats
20 push ups

Glad today is designated as a day of rest ;)

Biggest challenge for today will be the gathering I am attending. There will be large amounts of food everywhere. I will bring my pecan pies, which I'm not a big fan of thank goodness and my diet sodas. Since this is a BBQ I can eat the meat and veggies... Which just reminded me I need to bring my own dressing.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:14 am

Well I made it through last night with only a few very small nibbles of food not on my plan. My pecan pies were a big hit and I loved taking them cause I don't LIKE pecan pie...less to tempt me.

I did Day 9 of my ab challenge already this morning.
45 sit ups
30 crunches
30 leg lifts
1 minute plank
25 squats
25 girlie push ups

Going to finish my coffee and jump on my gazelle while I watch my morning new...

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:50 am

My exercise for today included raking & bagging up seeds in thr drive was two rounds, more clearing on the deck putting away stuff from cleaning gutters that I had to move.

Moderate level walk shorter than usual.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:51 am

Just wanted to share that I've been using some Bio Freeze packets of gel on my aching/sore knees. Seems to be helping some. At least I'm not so reluctant to move. Now I'll take that walk around the 'small' loop at the campground. At least it's better than no walk at all. If I can get in the habit of doing that each day then maybe I can increase it a little bit at a time.

Also have my (overdue) appointment tomorrow for a mammogram. Trusting that all is well.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Sidelight - Learned how we got the forms for "Informed Consent" we sign these days at doctor's offices and hospitals. Read the book about the woman whose cells were taken by a doctor and grown into billions of cells for science experiments without her knowledge, and I posted about that in Across the Cafe Table June book thread. Unfortunately, her family has no recourse to see a dime of that money or even get an apology. And the man whose spleen was kept by his doctor to make a lot of money has no recourse - all those cells belong to the doctor who removed the spleen. But now paperwork and guidelines protect the rest of us from that kind of misuse of medical knowledge.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:32 am

Back from my reg. Walk alone so I could keep my heart rate up no one else's probs to weigh me down. Corn is tasseling out found the source of my allergy troubles.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Been off a few days but last night did 2.2 miles on my gazelle and
50 sit ups
40 leg lifts 45 crunches
1 minute plank

today is suppose to be a rest day, but since i completely missed Tue, will play catch up and do Day 12 of the challenge. Not looking forwards to actually doing it, but sure do feel good when its done ;-)

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Could ya'll hear me yelling my counts as I did my Challenge??? Turned the music up loud and did..

55 reverse situps
65 crunches
33 leg lifts thats really killer for me
and
45 sec plank
also, but not included in the challenge
30 squts
25 girlie push ups
Didn't die, but thought about it LOL Quiting is NOT an option :lol:

My HERO....I wanna be like Twins and loose 3.4 lbs this week ;) ....

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Friday the 13th...always my lucky day.

Hey Okay...I'm impressed with your treadmill workout....I find its best to do my workouts in the morning before my day gets away from me.

Yesterday I did 4.2 miles on my gazelle plus I walked doggies last night. We're only doing a mile walk because of the heat. Sadie TWD is almost 14 so I make sure we watch her very carefully when we're out. However she love's to go. Some nights if its still really hot out, Sweetie will walk Sadie to the mail box while I swim Willis. I swear that dog would rather swim than anything else He's just like a kid; as soon as the back door is open and I let him out, he heads for the pool hoping I have his frizbee in hand.

This morning, for some reason, I thought about measuring myself. glad I did. In a little over two months I have lost 15 lbs and 14 inches....

This morning I did my 30 day ab challenge...Willis was right there standing over me thinking he could help, or maybe he was cheering me on...I can't believe I did this:

60 sit ups :shock:
75 crunches :shock: :shock:
40 leg lifts...those REALLY, REALLY kill me
60 sec plank
30 squats
30 girlie push ups....

Thank God thats over with. Now its time to climb on my Gazelle.....

Return to “Healthy Habits”