Health and Fitness, April 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Cowinkie

Re: Health and Fitness, April 2014

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:00 pm

I did my two miles yesterday on the gazelle, but didn't walk doggies.
Got up this morning and did another two miles on the gazelle while using hand weights to twist and turn while stepping.

Stayed on program but waivered a bit. I bought almond butter yesterday bc my programs says I can use it. Found it way to yummy and sweet, which kicked in my cravings and sent me to nibbling more than I should. Realized the almond butter was going to be too tempting for me so I threw it out this morning. I'm a visual eater so if I see something it makes me want to eat it.

Had an eye appointment today and have discovered along with my max, I now have cataracts. Great... Not.

Have to make an appoint with my other eye dr now.

Test for spot on my chest came back positive so now I have an appointment with derm dr for consultation, options and surgery. In addition I am having problems with OAB. The OTC patch works great but it turns out I'm allergic to the adhesive on the patch...same thing with bandaids too

This getting old ain't for sissies :lol:
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:20 pm

I have done 30 min. On the gazelle today.

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Still tracking nutrition & steps. Yesterday results -
** 8271 steps
** 1913 calories
** .6 lb gain yesterday however I'm thrilled to still see the scales down 1.4 lbs during the past 7 days.

I am slowly....oh so slowly.... gaining confidence that I can eat healthy and lose weight. After failing so many times, I was ready to give up and seek help. it is hard to believe (again) that I can do it and be successful. I wanted to find an easy way out - give me a magic pill - tell me what diet to follow - what exercise to do - etc. But that isn't how life works. Researching the nutritional courses the last few days has reinforced that no one way of eating or moving our body is perfect for everyone. We each have to experiment and find what works for us. I have to keep reminding myself that I can't succeed if I try to force my lifestyle to fit into a wrong type of food/exercise just because it works for someone else.. I need to do it the other way - develop eating plan & exercise that fits my lifestyle.

This morning I baked a dozen healthy muffins. Three muffins (2 for DH and 1 for me) are serving size for breakfast, so I froze 9 of the muffins to pull out for future breakfast meals. (3 muffins in 3 containers). I usually try to serve muffins for breakfast one time a week.

I also prepared 9 baggies of ingredients for smoothies. I like having these assembled in the freezer and ready to pull out for a quick breakfast. The smoothie ingredients I froze = banana, flax meal, yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and orange vegetable. To prepare smoothies, I start with milk and whey protein powder and blend it up until frothy then add these frozen fruit/veg mixture to the blender. It takes about 5 minutes from start to finish to

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Cowinkie, what is OAB? Are your cataracts ready to be removed or are you still at the wait stage? I'm at the wait stage though I can tell they're progressing. I got lots of information to ponder when DGirlfriend recently had hers removed and she paid around $5,000 for the fancy lenses that were supposed to do away with her glasses - but she had to have double lenses inplanted (4 operations instead of 2) and now she still has to wear glasses... Let me know if you're interested in hearing about that.

Good luck OKay. I'm not there either. I know what worked in the past but feel "stuck" to start all that again.

Yesterday I was just obsessed with food, sweet food, you just don't want to know how bad it was... and today I'm not over that hump quite yet... I have a fear of going hungry - starving actually - it's irrational. Probably need a shrink. :(

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Harmony...
Over active bladder which means to put it bluntly I leak more than just a little. Have cut out caffeine, doing tones of kegels, and every thing else suggested. It getting worse bot better and I am way to young to be where diapers no matter who can dance in them.

That means one more dr's appointment to schedule. My eye dr who did my LASIK is who I go to for my Mac and he also does cataracts. He's the best around and who all dr's and surgeons use for their personal eye care. Even my past dr uses him and convinced her husband to use my dr as well. She's really picky so if my dr is good enough for her then he's good enough for me. Actually he's just a really great and nice guy.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Harmony... Laughing at your starvation comment. I get that way too :lol:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:58 pm

I did 30 min. Of weeding for some ex.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:01 am

I walked on the dike by the river tonight.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:25 pm

I walked tonight. It was windy but walks are great for stress relief.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:19 pm

I walked 20 min. in the fresh air & sunshine through the woods up to the mailbox 1/2-mile round-trip with DH. Growing around the garage slab, at our house, from the 1905 homestead DH's great aunt & uncle homesteaded, is the old Lemon Verbena, and the aroma of Lemon Verbena's heavenly! :P :P

I ordered "The CalorieKing Food & Exercise Journal," by Allan Borushek for $3.99 for 10-weeks. Reviews stated how people lost 20-Lbs. during their recording of calories & exercise for 10 weeks. If on the 8th week, I see success, I'll order a few more of the new booklets. Also, Ddil/Dson AND DD sometimes get me B 'n' N gift cards, so I could redeem them, to order new booklets for recording. Once I'm down at goal, I'll "see" how I do on my own, but if I start inching up again, :idea: it'll be time to purchase more booklets.

I've always counted calories, but then started counting W. W. Pts., so counting calories will be like going back to my "diet roots", so to speak. :lol: It comes in the mail on Tuesday the 15th, so I'll start on Hump Day the 16th and will always know mid-week how that's my weekly start day. I see my dr. on July 22nd, a Tuesday, so I hope the calorie counting will work. I'd love to surprise my dr. and his M. A.'s, too. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Return to “Healthy Habits”