Health and Fitness, May, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, May, 2014

Postby Nancy » Sun May 11, 2014 9:29 am

Wt. #170 still 2 lbs. To take off to get that winter wt. off sigh.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon May 12, 2014 8:03 am

I think I can.......I think I can.....

It is easier to give up than to keep trying, but giving up isn't the solution. So......even when things aren't going perfectly, I'm determined to just keep trying.

Yesterday finished up the prescription antibodies and steroids meds. Hopefully my body can get back on track now.

My healthy habit focus for this week is an easy one. All I have to do is step on the scales. However, I have learned that because it is so easy it is also easy for me to talk myself out of doing it.
For me, weighing daily is vital. There are many days that I would rather ignore the scale and pretend there are not consequences. I need the consistence of stepping on that scale each day to hold myself accountable.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 12, 2014 8:31 am

I decided to make it "cruciferous vegetable breakfast" (smiling because that's reminiscent of Big Bang Theory's Sheldon when he had "cruciferous vegetable night"). I awakened this a.m. and realized immediately I had no more fresh fruit in the house, having offered so much of it to visitors here over the last few days. I've often reminded myself that it doesn't have to be fruit first thing - it could be veggies.

So I thought of my package of brussels sprouts in the freezer and tossed them in the microwave. After absentmindedly finishing the package I read it fully and reminded myself it was supposed to be several servings. :? Oh well, if I end up in pain and wonder, like Sheldon, if I have cholera, botulism or an accidental ingestion of chrysanthemum blossoms, I'll try to remember "it might have been the brussels sprouts".

But I don't really think so - this was just too funny not to mention. Eating more vegetables over the long haul gets our systems acclimated. I probably won't have to warn HRH at all. :D

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Mon May 12, 2014 10:34 am

Well I had a small set back this weekend. My son sent chocalate covered strawberries for Mother's Day. I did eat a few and sweetie ate two. I considered eating one a day but knew that wasn't a good thing to do. Since sweetie said he didn't want to eat more because of the sugar and I certainly didn't need to eat more I gently placed them in the garbage. Hurt my heart to do so, not so much for the content but because of the though behind the gift but figured a health mom was a better gift to give back to my son.

I kept the card and the reusable ice pack as a reminder of my sons thoughtful gift... Much better idea. I'm not getting on the scale today to be kind to myself, but am back on the plan.

I need to do a grocery run... Really a produce one. There's a produce store near by and my family own grocery store sells great local produce as well. Either way I need more veggies ;-)
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Mowing was today's exerise.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Breakfast sounded good, Harriet. Will have to write it down to try when we're near a Sub way soon.

Dee, I think you can lose one-third of that! Don't want you trying for 20! :lol: 6 or 7.
Harriet had posted this to me in Tuesday's PWYC. So I accept that challenge and hopefully can have a downward trend instead of the seesawing that she mentioned earlier. :roll: Seems that's all I've done for months! Time to get on the band wagon!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed May 14, 2014 7:46 am

Dee - Good for you! Let's do it!

After a couple weeks of being sick & just hanging on, I'm ready for a challenge.

My healthy habit focus for next week is a big one (for me) requiring lifestyle change. I'm going to start this week with baby steps in prep for it.

While looking for healthy habit podcast, I came across this free 6-week online weight loss course.. I thought it had some good suggestions.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 14, 2014 11:59 am

You're ON, Okay! Was 177.4 yesterday & 176.8 today. Love these scales that give me smaller increments. Just getting ready to prepare lunch which will be a lightly grilled cold sandwich with a mustard mix & a slice of cheese. Think I'll try to get to that 170# mark by June 13th and go on from there. I know if I can just get past that "set point" as was talked about in your link, that will help immensely. I have lost (and gained) the same 5 or 6 pounds all winter! But never got below 175.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Wed May 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Dee I'm with you with the set point... I am 2.5 from mine and 4.5 from my diet bet. My game ends on June 4th and winning my game will mean I've beat my set point.

I like the new scales too. Any lose is good motivation for me ;)
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu May 15, 2014 6:57 am

OH MY! Yesterday I discovered just how out of shape I am. All I did was go to the track and walk a mile as fast as I could with arms bent & swinging. Simple, huh? I thought so. ........until a few hours later. Then the muscles in my back YELLED AT ME. This morning the sore muscles are not yelling but have settled into a soft whine. Getting my body into shape to do 10,000 steps daily (minimum) is going to take some consistent effort.

The scales showed .4 lb loss today. Focusing on healthy habits to keep it headed in the right direction.

Return to “Healthy Habits”