Health and Fitness July, 2015

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness July, 2015

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Gardening & shopping & walked w a friend some of today's ex.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:15 am

Interesting observation when I went to put my weight on my wall calendar in the bathroom. For Sunday and Monday, I wrote 187 & 189, not 177 and 179. I've been in the 180s and higher for so long, I didn't recognize the new numbers.

That has been corrected! (And I'm back down 1.5 of the 2lbs gained over Sunday.)

helia

Postby helia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Jogged - 2.5 miles. 32:30. Weather was great for it, cool, gray, even spitting a little rain, which helped cool me down.

I don't weigh myself every day. I haven't weighed myself since last week at some point.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:09 am

Did a long walk with my friend not very brisk because of my sore foot this morning.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:33 pm

I weigh myself most days. Now that I'm losing quickly, it is fun. But before, it helped assure me that I wasn't going in the wrong direction.

When I travel I can be away from a scale for a month and only gain a 5 pounds or less. But I think it would easier to stick with my program and continue to lose weight if I can weigh in more frequently. When I was doing WW and traveling back and forth to be with dmil while she was dying, I'd drop into a center and have them weigh me to make sure I was sticking on track. Same with Curves. That's one of the few times I lost weight while traveling.

I don't update MFP unless there is a loss or if I'm restarting after being off the program for months and there's a new, higher, start weight. That way the ups and downs are not reflected in my MFP chart, only the downs and plateaus (which are more likely to be ups & downs of the same few pounds.)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 am

Loading & unloading the trailer putting away stuff after going to the dump some of my exercise. Walked w a friend also in the evening , cleaned carport.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:18 am

Down another pound.

I have filled in my food diary for the day. Not sure I'll stick to it but at least I have a plan.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Good job, Kathryn.

How's your foot, Nancy?

I was low on any fresh fruit this a.m. but no time for the grocery, and I know I do best with a little fruit every day. I dropped through the Chick Fil-A breakfast drive line on the work run. remembering they have a $2.00 breakfast fruit cup at 50 calories. Came home and dumped it right from their little cup into my smoothie, easy peasy, and kept moving! A good variety choice in a pinch, since I almost never have mandarin orange. So I got a fresh fruit serving with breakfast after all, yay.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:37 pm

WTG Kathryn!

Weigh in today revealed that I am up 0.2 lb. I'm trying not to get too discouraged about it. The loss is just going so slowly that any gain, no matter how small, is likely to make me feel discouraged. I used up all my weekly points last week - but not my exercise points. And I give myself fewer exercise points than the etools tell me I should b/c I think their point values for jogging are too high. Anyhow, I need to use my weekly points less. My next weigh in will be Wednesday since we're leaving Thursday to go camping in Canada with our small group. I'll need to be very careful packing food for that trip -- but I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm sure I'll be discussing that next week.

OTOH, I can tell I am stronger with more endurance when I need to go up stairs or walk uphill, etc. so the exercise is still doing me some good. That was kind of the main point after all. . .

I'm hoping to head out for a jog soon. I was going to go after a couple errands, but I might go beforehand due to the possibility of rain later. It is 79* out right now with real feel of 83*, and the temps are climbing until about 5 pm, another reason to go now. I would like to try a 3 mile jog sometime, but I'm not sure this afternoon is a good time. It may be too hot and steamy.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:02 pm

My foot is good now thanks for asking Harriet. Walked a bit at the berry patch and a bit more doing an errand.

Return to “Healthy Habits”