Health and Fitness, April 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, April 2014

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Carefullly carefully did a floor workout tonight. Lots of alignment emphasis. Avoiding anything that seemed to bother sciatic pain, and had preceded with stretch and some specific sciatic stretches. Hopefully, I will not be immobile tomorrow! If ya'll don't hear from me, call the tow truck to come lift me.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:54 am

I did not take a walk today, sore feet cracked heels groc. Shopping was my activity tonite.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:43 pm

I stretched, walked 30 minutes, and stretched again. High pain day today, because of emotional things, being concerned about DD and her BFF, with anorexia. Stress = pain. :(
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Sorry about the heels, Nancy! Can you try some kind of oil or lotion under socks through the night?

Ivy, I hope your pain eases and you hear better news about dd's friend.

OKay, I was grateful, too, because I ended up even, on the morning after taking the girls out.

I felt better today after a floor workout Friday and then a day off yesterday. So I tried another same floor workout today. I'm hopeful. It's actually a half-hour workout that's more intense than I really want. So I leave off one part that is extremely aerobic, plus the Pilates-like work at the end where you are sitting only on your bottom with both legs and torso up. I think those would be too much right now, plus I'm sure I wouldn't do them well. So with the stretch added at the beginning, I'm probably doing 25 minutes.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks, Harriet. DD has Fibromyalgia, too. Diagnosed yesterday. :(

I filled in my weekly calories in & calories out page, I only did it 6 days, as the book came on Tues. & not Mon., the beginning of the week in the book. I'm over 2,000 calories' 6-day average, only averaged 1 1/4 hours activity a day, over 6 days, but did not exercise for 3 days. :(

This week's goals are:
1- To move more, to earn more activity calories going out,
2- To eat healthier, since I'm counting calories, choosing more fruits/veggies & low-cal foods.
3- Get in more protein.
4- Try to not give up.
5- Don't beat myself from my waist going up 1/2".
6- Don't beat myself up from only losing .7 Lbs. for my 1st week.

I hope to have better results this next Sunday night. I'll work harder & 1 thing I learned from Dr. Oz's magazine, The Good Life, is as we get lighter, we naturally get to moving more.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 am

Today is doc appt to discuss weight/healthy habit development. I scrambled this morning to finish putting my plan together and onto paper. I showed it to DH and he thought it was good. Now to present it to family doc and get his recommendation and feed-back.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 am

I have been backsliding, numbers going the wrong way. So this morning I got out my card plan and set it up where I can use it. I absolutely HAVE to do this.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:28 am

Oh, my numbers are not good either, Harmony! So need to get weight off and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong -unless it's not enough exercise. That has slacked because of my knee/ankle problems. BS for the most part has been very good.

Just exactly what is in your plan, Harmony? And what have you mapped out, Okay?

For one I absolutely need to get my steps count up by quite a bit. I'm lucky if I get to 3 or 4,000 and I know from experience that's not enough. Tell myself I'll do better "today" and then it gets too late in the day to add even close to enough! :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 pm

I mowed one yard today for my ex. today. 2 lbs. To get off that I put on this winter.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:01 pm

family Doc looked over my plan and approved it. He did made a couple changes and explained why he was recommending those changes.

After looking at a cazillion options, I went with boring but effective healthy habits to create lifestyle changes.

I put together a list of healthy habits to be the cornerstones of my lifestyle changes. I came up with 16 habits that I want to establish so firmly they become a part of me without thinking. My plan to implement these habits only allows for 13 so I removed three of them that I felt were firmly established.

I tried to stay with something that I gave me confidence of being successful. I didn't want fancy or complicated. I decided to copy the deep cleaning/decluttering zone rotation because I'm familiar with it and it has proven to be trust worthy method.

So I will focus on one healthy habit a week and to rotate through the 13 healthy habits the same way that I rotate through deep cleaning the house. Each healthy habit will receive a week focus four times a year (52 weeks divided by 13 habits). I set them up on calendar as a reoccuring event (just like the deep cleaning rotation is tracked).

The 13 habits I have selected to work on are -
1. Drink Water
2. Plan meals.
3. Fruit - 3 daily
4. Vegetables - 5 daily
5. Fast from food daily 6pm - 7am
6. Stop eating before full
7. Weigh daily
8. 10,000 steps daily minimum
9. 1200 calories daily
10. Chew gum
11. Positives/blessings/Successes
12. Sleep 7 hours daily
13. Have some fun & Relax daily

This week I am focusing on getting 5 servings of vegetables each day.

Return to “Healthy Habits”