Health and Fitness, August 2014

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, August 2014

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:23 am

Giving a shout out to RR - Girl, You look AMAZING!!!! I saw your ice water video on FB and was sooooo very thrilled for your success!! Not many people can pull off looking FANTASTIC in a white tank top & shorts, but you have nailed it! Give yourself a well-deserved POTB!!

I'm happy with maintaining weight. I'm thankful to not be gaining. The established healthy habits are helping tremendously. I can hear my self talk sometimes when I easily tell myself NO because it doesn't fit into the healthy habit guidelines. Not having to make the same decisions over and over is very freeing. My long term goal is to lose some weight, but for now I'm "treading water" until I'm ready.

I need to set up some sort of tracking for treadmill minutes/speed/incline. I want to slowly increase but I need a way to track. I haven't made my mind up which way to track it (analog or digital). I may be the world's slowest person on the treadmill, however I am consistently doing it daily and find it somewhat enjoyable.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:48 am

I did a med. Long walk last nite my foot is getting better yea!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:53 am

LM..thank you so much :D I was giggling as I read your post because when I put those clothes on and saw myself in the mirror I kinda gasped in surprise at my reflection. I know my shorts are loose, some to the point of falling off, but I hadn't seen myself in exercise shorts and a tight fitting shirt.

I've spent a long time not liking my reflection in the mirror, and found myself avoiding them when I could. And honestly there was much negative talk occurring in my head as well. Yesterday was really the first time in a long long time where I was able to look and feel proud of myself.

Because I've been loosing weight over a long period of time the total effect hadn't really bit me till yesterday. I haven't been on my scale in the last few days because I've been so involved in a book and have t moved much. This morning when I got on my scale it didn't even occur to me that I had won my diet bet and beat my goal until I went to my site to enter it.

I think the real challenge for me will be maintaining my weight once I reach my final goal.. I am about 10lbs away. I need to think back to the last time I lost my 40 lbs and remember that I maintained my weight for more than 15 years. I allowed my weight to fluctuate 3 lbs and used my clothes as my guide.

Any time on your treadmill is better than no time on it. I know that when I increase my speed I need to hand on to the sides until I find my pace. Try increasing g your speed for one minute or two and then return to your slower one. After you become comfortable with the faster speed you can begin to work your way up.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:34 pm

This was just posted on my diet bet site... Thought ya'll might like it.

Sometimes
The smallest step
In the right direction
Ends up being the biggest
Step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take
The step.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Loved swimming in a lane pool! Quite surprised myself but doing laps was a challenge for me and I was surprised to find that I could swim 425 metres. Probably could have gone on a lot longer but decided I wanted to tread water for a bit because I think the cycling motion is good for my bad hip and knee.

Will consider looking for a 25 metre pool and making the effort to go to adult, evening, swims (the place was almost empty for the 8:30 p.m. swim.)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Did not step on the scales today as I am feeling, and looking for that matter, bloated. Ate on my plan and got in all my water yesterday so that's all I need to know. Don't need anything to get me off track.

I am meeting some of my girls today for Happy Hour...not something I do much, but need to go as more than one girl invited me. I will eat an early dinner before I go and drink my sparkling water once there. Always trying to plan ahead cause that's what keeps me focused and on track.

One of the girls I'll be meeting is one of my greatest cheerleaders. She's the one who's husband was in Bagdad a while back. She's twenty years younger than me and always brags to her friends about my age. I just shake my head and laugh. Her encouragement and comments are good for my soul. :lol:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 pm

I walked last night a regular walk with my friend so glad my foot is better and I am up to it again now. :mrgreen:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:53 pm

A low calorie day today. Breakfast was a protein shake with strawberries and 1/4 banana. Dropped by Subway for a 6-inch veggie with avocado, which I ate in two parts for lunch and supper. Also broccoli salad on the side at supper, and some potato chips! (Gotta have a little treat.) HRH asked me to taste-test his new recipe of vegan "chicken" and wild rice. All in all, Probably about 800 calories.

Basic workout, 20 mins.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:44 am

Tracking set up for my daily Treadmill time. I set the bar low. VERY low. I am thrilled to be consistently exercising and enjoying it. I don't wanna do anything to change that feeling. If it takes me a year to work up to my time/speed/incline goals on the treadmill, I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm focusing on long term results and easily to maintain healthy habits. Baby Stepping.....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:20 am

Walked for my ex. Last night.

Return to “Healthy Habits”