Health and Fitness, November, 2009

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, November, 2009

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Appreciating LurkyLou's suggestion - I know she and blessed are out there in the world exercising - YAY! Is lucylee with them? How ya doin' lucylee?

Nancy, I was so amused to have suggested almond milk to you and then to find out you are allergic to nuts! Oh, well! Anyway, I found another thing to tell you about - I am loving the Sugar Free LifeSavers Butter Toffee hard candies. They are so delicate and are individually wrapped. You can stuff a few in a pocket with no trouble when you are rushed and have (or share) a little something pleasant and cleanly wrapped when you wish for it (ask me how I know about rush). I've learned it's good to have something soothing for my throat and esophagus in my pocket lately (but I am feeling better). I was thinking along the sugar-free lines because having sugar can trigger acid reflux and some experts say spend a day without sugar when you can.

Harmony, you are getting into thin territory. Thin.

I am learning the right things to eat. I am recording everything I eat and getting a handle on what is soothing for me. These sweet potatoes I got for the dozen eggs are luscious with a little butter, and soothing to the digestive tract. Actually, I like them as much for breakfast as anytime.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Harriet thanks for the suggestion.
I'm back from my blood test today
at least that's one test that I don't have to study for! :mrgreen:

LurkyLou

Postby LurkyLou » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:40 pm

Harriet: my trainer calls yams a "super food". Says they're one of the best things you can eat since they're loaded with all sorts of good stuff.
I should've had some yams for my breakfast this morning since while working out with the trainer, I "hit the wall" which apparently means I ran out of carbs. I got weak and light-headed and had to rest a bit before finishing up...a bit early, but I finished. The trainer recommended eating 1/2 a banana with some peanut butter about an hour before I meet with her next week in order to avoid the same situation. Good carb with a bit of protein to give me enough energy to get through.
But I'm soooo glad I got most of the housework done already, cause I'm gonna need a nap! Then I'll iron and bake some pies for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow after work, I'll make buttermilk biscuits and hope they hold up to transport on Thursday!

Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 am

Thought I'd pop in -- even though there is only one more day in November. Sheeeeeeeesh! Where does the time go?

Trying to incorporate a lot more raw foods into my diet. I feel SO MUCH BETTER with a majority of raw foods in my diet that I'm starting to wonder if I have some gluten (in some grains) sensitivity.

Today's Menu:
breakfast:
fresh juice >>> 1 head romaine lettuce - 6 carrots - 1 jalapeno - big handful of spinach - yum!
lunch: 1 pt. gazpacho - turkey - slaw
dinner: salad: spinach - cranberries - red onion - pecans - mixed greens - feta cheese - dressing
snacks: 2 glasses of wine
:: Time & Space for My Dreams :: Slow & Steady for a Lifetime! ::

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Got on the scales today and thankfully they are the same as before turkey day yea for me!
Got my tests back and the bill :shock: for the blood draw oh my cash is gone now :(
With none left for holiday shopping sniff sniff.
The good news is my numbers were all normal
with the exception of a bit of elevated blood glucose that day
[b/c I had to take a bit less inslulin the night before to prevent a bs crash
like the day before the test and I could not do it so that was not unexpected for me any way.]
We already knew I'm a type I diabetic now so no surprise there.
Oh well trying to focus on being healthy and well.

Return to “Healthy Habits”