Health and Fitness, January, 2010

Share healthy living habits.
Harmony

Re: Health and Fitness, January, 2010

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:32 am

Read all through January's postings to get some motivation.

I was very busy with DGSs, long bike rides every day at least once, and that all helps. I need to get back to the eliptical. I wish I could afford the gym, I'd do that again.

Harriet, I'm watching your journey to figure out the AR diet, etc. I've not had much success and continue to struggle. I tried enzymes (didn't help). I tried apple vinegar, didn't help. Meat is not a trigger for me. Sweets and rich food definitely is, also soda is very bad and chocolate. I need to cut back on coffee, my one drug of choice. Dairy isn't a trigger to me either and seems to help. Have you had any luck with the licorice?

I tried the hydrocloric acid (theory that some do not have enough acid and food doesn't digest, thereby causing indigestion) that didn't help either. I'm beginning to think mine is simply a malfunctioning valve that doesn't keep acid where it belongs. Diet's not ever going to help that.

It's a very discouraging situation which interrupts sleep and in my case the way I'm able to move about and do things.

When does the dr. say you are to come off your medicine?

Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Harmony ~ I'm very sensitive to acid in coffee. I finally found a coffee at our specialty coffee & tea shop. It is pure Kona coffee - nothing else mixed in. It's very expensive - $22/pound, but I drink it at half strength and don't do any kind of other cokes/coffees out as my body just doesn't tolerate those well. I figure since I don't spend money on any other vices, I can do this. Because everyone else tolerates other kinds of coffee, they drink the regular stuff, and I can enjoy my coffee. If you're interested, I can find out the brand for you.

After a week of more or less following the Eat Clean way of eating, I hopped on the scales this morning and I was down a pound and a half! :o Or maybe my digital scales are broken? :lol: I really couldn't believe it, so I weighed myself several times. :lol: Yesterday was the first day that I consciously ate ALL the meals & snacks. I really felt like I was eating a lot of food. :shock: I usually snack anyway, so I might as well make it "legal". Still working on integrating the raw/fresh and Eat Clean - but I'm likin' it!

:: Time & Space for My Dreams :: Slow & Steady for a Lifetime! ::

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

For my exercise today I'm counting
shopping; vacuuming the living room,
a walk around the block
and around the loop!
It was SO good to get some fresh air!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Thank you SmileLee, I would be interested in the coffee brand. I think I have seen some low acid ones but never tried. I did search and search and finally found a naturally decaffeinated one (using a water process rather than a chemical). But I don't think it's the caffein that bothers me, it's just the coffee itself. And I am so addicted..

You say the coffee bothers you, what symptoms do you get?

Scale says I am right at my pre-Christmas weight. Yahoo!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Today is one week after 146.5 appeared, and although it hasn't been steady, the scale said 146.5 again this morning. So I'm happy with that. My body is not rejecting the new low! :lol:

Nancy, the fresh air is so good for us. My ddad91 has been walking 1/2 mile lately. He had to give it up in bad weather but is back to it. I think it is very good for him. He's not away long enough to get worried about my dmom. He says it is good for his appetite.

LOL, Smile Lee, I know that moment of stepping on and off the scale to see if you are right. That's a nice loss. How is your son enjoying the foods and plan?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:11 am

Yes walking in the fresh air does a world of good for
our well being!

Well it's pouring down rain outside today a good day
for a worm walk w/ and umbrella or a cardio-glide work out inside!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Smile Lee, I've been trying to remember to tell you I've been taking that same freebie supplement gentle transitions. I think I like it but how would I be sure of the effect. Seems like a lot of A, especially since I often have A-rich foods for breakfast and it must be taken relatively early in the day. I don't believe it has affected me negatively at all. I'm confused about it being a source of B-12, yet no B-12 is on the list with other nutrients on the bottle.

Calendar goal report -
Was down another half-pound today to 146. One pound to go by Valentine's Day. I am looking forward to a real change in health for poor HRH after his procedure Monday, Feb 1. He should regain strength and be able to take me up on my offer of a date for my reward!

Return to “Healthy Habits”