Discussing Diabetes

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Discussing Diabetes

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:20 pm

I did okay on turkey dinner with my blood sugar readings.

Only type 2 diabetes can be reversed.

I do not do so well on vegetarian meals because the seem to have more noodles and beans etc. with more carbs. than I can have per meal according to the diabetic educator.

Harriet

Re: Discussing Diabetes

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:13 pm

That's interesting you mentioned that, Nancy, because as she got into the work, we talked about the title of that book being misleading. Further along on the cover it says, "In a series of studies, Dr. Barnard has found that is is possible to repair insulin function and reverse type 2 diabetes." and in the introduction is says, "The genetic traits that made type 2 diabetes possible do not go away, and type 1 diabetes requires continued insulin treatments regardless of how well you adjust your diet."

Btw, dd decided to change her title to "Type 2 Diabetes" because she just didn't have enough room in the little pages (a tri-fold, 9" x 12" was what they were supposed to use) to explain all about diabetes and the differences. The teacher said they had to have a lot of color and pictures in the brochure if they expected a good grade, so she was glad we still had some of the free magazines they'd given us at the vitamin store.

Return to “Healthy Habits”