Health and Fitness, September, 2010

Share healthy living habits.
blessedw2

Re: Health and Fitness, September, 2010

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 am

what a nice walk dnancy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks blessed !
took another short walk after dinner and was rewarded by seeing 4 deer all does in a yard
not far from here, and on my way back home saw a doe with her two fawns in the field down the street stopped to point that out to the kids of a friend playing outside! :mrgreen:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:22 am

Harriet, my DMom had completely lost her eyelashes, but after a year (maybe more, Sunny would know better) she regrew them. I don't know if she was low or high thyroid. DD1 is also on thyroid meds but she doesn't have the hair thing, she's a thick-haired person for sure, but she also has other hormone imbalances that account for that.

blessed, you sound just like my DD1. She does something on her arms.

Harriet, Sunny tells me her eye drops for glaucoma are what caused her eyelashes to grow back, also changed her eye color from med brown to dark brown. So not the synthroid.
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 pm

I have the hair thing as well because I have more testoserone then lots of women (lucky me) I have to get waxed on lip area once a month (tmi). I also have low thyroid.

having salmon for lunch (left over from yesterday... dmom and dd15 bought me broiled salmon w/herbs and 1/2 cup squash and asparagus risotto.
breakfast: mcdonalds big breakfast... eggs, sausage, biscuit (I don't eat the hash browns).
dinner: chicken (premade) with roast veggies, green bean salad snack veggies
fruit through out day

I usually have carbs at breakfast (oatmeal a lot) and at lunch 1 to 2 serving size
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Did my walk this morning.
Saw a doe and her fawn.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:05 am

I did not know about eyelashes, Harmony, just brows. That's interesting.

blessed, salmon is so good for you. We are disappointed that the usual names in tuna brands are no longer in packets in our stores as hunks of fish. There are packets for both salmon and tuna, but not as solid portions, which we had grown to appreciate.

Wanted to mention that HRH thinks he is benefitting from weighing every day. Yesterday he had a longer day away than he expected. He said on the way home he was wanting to stop in at every fast food. But that morning he had weighed and had a small loss, and the memory of that was so encouraging he made himself start planning what he would eat when he got home instead, and managed not to turn in any driveways.

Because dd has "modern dance" this semester I am hoping she is getting good exercise - she certainly has little time for outdoor activity otherwise. She says it is a hard class, but she may be meaning the memorization. I have started her on 1,000 IU of Vitamin D daily for the fall-winter. I chase her down with fruit in the mornings when I can. She will eat it if it is shoved in front of her face on a plate, already washed, peeled and cut up :roll: but doesn't seem to recognize it in the fruit bowl!!!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Oh, good. DD12 just demonstrated for us the exercises she is put through in her class, and they remind me of T-Tapp floor exercises in many ways! She mentioned noticing the resemblance, too, and :roll: ! LOL! So I am pleased with the level of activity. She says the class seems "very ballet", also a plus in her mother's mind. She says she didn't know modern dance would hurt! (no muscle aches that continue after school, though) She says one art poster in the class shows a dancer in formal dress, standing solemnly, holding one leg straight up beside her head! At first she just thought the poster was interesting but now that she realizes the many ways in which she does NOT naturally bend, she avoids looking at it! LOL

We might get a little poise out of this kid soon. Just about the right age.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Harriet, does DD's school still have a PE class? I'd heard so many schools were giving that up for $ concerns, just when it is needed the most.

I'm hovering at the same point in weight. Puzzling to me since I'm doing so much more physical work these days. Eating hasn't changed much if at all.

Currently we've been eating up a big honeydew mellon I'd made up into balls for company. Didn't want it to go bad so every day a big bowl. And recently I've had an unusual amount of salads, etc. But I think the weight staying the same is perhaps a little fat disappearing and muscle growing? I'm hoping.

My legs do appear a bit more toned. I can always tell that because cellulite disappears. Now if only some weight would come off.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Harmony I vote that you are putting on muscle. With all the physical activity you are doing it makes sense.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:23 am

Did my walk with dgd yesterday it was very pleasant a bit chilly out so we took the blanket.
In the afternoon it was warmer when we went back to the yard sale down the street for a toy!
That was fun.

Another yard sale this morning to check out on my walk.

Return to “Healthy Habits”