Health and Fitness, October, 2010

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, October, 2010

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Thanks gals!

I did my walk today
and some wts. this afternoon.

They have an idiots guide to diabetes that might be informative wish I could have
known about it a couple of years ago.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:48 am

Thurs 14 - Basic Workout
Fri 15 - heavy cleaning day
Sat 16 - walking
Sun 17 - walking
Mon 18 - Basic Workout

I think the blood test was very cheap, Harmony, and then at least I knew (-ish). Dr told me I'd be wasting my money on the Manuka Honey after the test results, and he was right, but then he has been wrong about so much I thought I'd give it a shot! He still canNOT explain how I got such great relief with the antibiotics during pneumonia. valve - I have stopped doing the T-Tapp move "oil wells" because I think it aggravates the physical aspect of AR (valve).

Nancy, health books are so much help and sometimes comfort. If I couldn't "read up" on the health subjects that interest (or upset) me, I don't know what I'd do. I have always felt so much better after I learned what I could about a problem, whether my own, a parent's, child's, whoever.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:20 am

I passed on a hard back low carb cook book this weekend at the thrift shop
sort of kicking myself for not getting it; I can think of several folks that could use it!
sigh oh well.

I mowed 20 min. to do the back yard is all it took so walked ten min. to make up the difference for my exercise yesterday. Plus I've added doing some wts. in the evenings as the
days get shorter and I feel great about doing this. Strength is back in my arm and it's pretty much back to normal now yea!!!

I thought I needed a five pound weight to work up to the 8 lb. wt.
but I found a rice bag and used that
then the 8 lb. wt. with no trouble at all made me feel great!
Did my walk shopping and the hill and 10 min. on the loop here when I got home after putting food away today.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Did my walk today on the hill this afternoon.
Sat. & sun. did my regular walking route apx. 45 min. is what I do daily.

This week:

Mon. did a short walk some was at the store that I counted. {I saw a couple of deer at dusk.}
Tues. w/ dgd in the rain and we saw a deer that we love and a squirrel to her delight we had to finish it up later but that was nicer with out the rain.
Wed. It's nice out today I enjoyed the lovely fall colors, and saw a doe and her fawn bedded down in a yard on my walk today. It was a tad bit breezy but I got done before the winds kicked up even stronger later on. This was good for me and helped me to clear my head of issues that I had yesterday. Chatted with some neighbors and got filled in on the news too.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:16 pm

On Monday it will have been three weeks since Macs' surgery and I will need to begin walking him for 5 minutes twice a day on "slow, controlled walks." I suspect I'll be getting an upper body workout too as there's nothing slow and controlled about walking him, especially if we go outside the yard.

That will be good for me, too.

Also on Monday I have my check up - have gained weight and I'm hoping the check up will give me a reality check on what I need to do for myself, especially with (eeek!) tax season coming up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:11 pm

I've got to get back into this thread w/y'all... I was just embarrassed b/c my "what I ate" idea was such a dismal failure... but I have got to have some sort of accountability. Maybe just a sort of healthy habits checklist like Harriet has mentioned before.
At any rate, just pretending y'all don't exist in matters of diet & exercise is NOT working too well at the moment.

Right now... I've just got to pledge to get into a consistent exercise routine. So that is my goal for this week.
AT LEAST 20 minutes movement DAILY.

I'll be back & let y'all know how it's going.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:16 pm

yay`Lucylee`...You`can`do`it.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Healthy Habits”