Health and Fitness, November 2010

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, November 2010

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:30 am

Shopping was my exercise yesterday, plus some walking in place last night.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:21 am

I'm on the treadmill again this morning but skipped it yesterday. I felt guilty but just couldn't get moving because I was to bed late and took melatonin the night before in order to guarantee sleep after the party.

Last night, I was equally wound up after the concert (and desserts!) but dh took care of distracting me and I got to sleep quickly.

We did hike for an hour yesterday and that was glorious. Felt like just 30 minutes because it was so much more pleasant than walking in the village (or a city.) It was mostly quiet (except our trail was close to a secondary highway) and dh and I barely talked, we just trudged along in our thoughts.

After I got home I found someone who posted a hand drawn the trails of this conservation area onto a topographical map so next time we'll be able to walk away from the highway. Dh said we wouldn't be able to get far away and I pointed out the area is 800 acres. We've just avoided going too far away from the highway in case we got lost - we could always walk towards the sounds of the cars and pop back up onto highway. But with a map (sort-of) I'll be happy to go deeper.

I tried on Saturday to eat better and succeeded but then we went to the diner yesterday for lunch and the desserts after the concert were too tempting. So the eating part isn't going very well. And my TOM hasn't arrived yet but I still have signs so some weight gain may be from that.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:31 am

I did not do as much on the carido glide as my knee was sore.
I am happy with my blood sugar readings on Sunday after the turkey dinner! Yea!

I raked leaves in the front yard for my exercise today.

Return to “Healthy Habits”