Health and Fitness, December 2011

Share healthy living habits.
Lisa B.

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2011

Postby Lisa B. » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:37 am

Well Ladies,

The end of Adventure Boot Camp is here. On my assessment on Friday, I shaved 2mins 8secs off my time on the 1.5km run. My trainer says I'm quite a bit stronger already. I have increased my crunches from 38 to 58 in a minute and push-ups from 37 to 45 in a minute. I've signed up for the first camp in January which starts on the 9th.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:40 am

BWTG Lisa! Those are impressive improvements in a short time. Your hard work is definitely paying off!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:19 pm

WTG Lisa!

I've grown weary in logging foods ~sigh~ but did get my ex. bike time in this morning.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:53 am

Hi, albana, thanks for your comments. It's good that you feel better through the winter by keeping D levels up.

Lisa, what impresses me most is that you are already signed up for another challenge! Woo Hoo!

Here, I managed to get the Basic workout done this evening. As usual, the super social weekend was not too good for my healthy habits, but I only gained 1.5 pounds, which is likely just water weight that will fall away. So many carbs available at party on Sat., plus being a little nervous the whole time. That's not a good combination!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo
has a great message.
Probably preaching to the converted here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Whoa. Had NOT seen that. Very well done. Smart dr, smart interpretation. I sent it along to HRH.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:53 am

Neat video. I managed to avoid recommended back surgery through exercise so I'm all for avoiding medical intervention but the heart stent study took me by surprise.

Often you discover the old people who live longest are those who stayed away from doctors!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Have whittled my water-weight gain to only one-half pound as of this a.m. so I'm pleased. I realize I'm not continuing to lose, but "holding the line" and guarding my losses so far through this month will be so valuable.

Terrible heartburn last evening when I was awakened by a yeowling cat at 3:30 a.m. and it played into a dream, causing me to awaken in an adrenaline rush, then worried because HRH wasn't in the bed, then discovering my ddad up when I went looking for HRH, who had gotten up to check on ddad's noises around the house. Sigh. Heartburn like this hasn't happened in maybe a half-year. Went through papaya, gaviscon and finally Pepto before getting relief, propped up on the wedge pillow. For supper, dd13 had made up a plate of "taquitos" (frozen boxed) and picante to go with the beans we were having, and I assume that was a part of the problem, although I was sleeping well beforehand.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Harriet, those things would set me off too. You are doing way better than I am with your AR. I am very often awakened with problems, and if I sleep really sound, find upon awakening in the morning that there has been something I was not aware of in the night. Of course, that has me greatly concerned. With this much non-control I really should be on something, but I so fear the absorption problems of nutrients when I take something.

I prop my pillow up most nights and sleep a little bit upright, but find once I get asleep I scootch down to get more comfortable, therefore I'm laying flat. I do best really on the couch where the crook of my neck rests on the arm and keeps me up a little bit comfortably. I never could get comfortable on the wedge, always felt like I was going to fall off.

We have the head of the bed elevated an inch or so with blocks of wood, which is a major PIA because I can't move the bed when cleaning now. I noticed when I slept in the guest room after DH broke his hip that even that little bit of elevation was helping.

Lynlee, thanks for sharing the video. It really is excellent and motivating to me. I tried to link it directly in order to share it with a couple people, but it is down right now, hopefully it'll be back up soon.

I am down a couple pounds, not down really, but the creeping up pounds are off. Good during holiday season I think.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Did the 4 mi. on the ex. bike this morning.

Return to “Healthy Habits”