Health and Fitness, December 2011

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2011

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Mostly veggie omelets lately for breakfasts - bell peppers, onion, tomato - in coconut oil. I seem to do better with them. Probably should add more variety but right now days are hectic. Frustration comes when I get to the end of the day and realize I haven't had salad or enough veggie sticks as planned. Today there was too much dairy, but that's rare.

Harmony, no matter whether I am flat or trying the wedge,this shape of pillow helps me kind of "make it my own" by squiggling around until I'm comfortable. Both HRH and I have been known to turn the wedge over, too, in case that is more comfortable. Here it's HRH who will go out to the couch sometimes to find a more comfortable position - don't know exactly what he's looking for in a sleeping position on those nights. The living area is out of the question for me now that my ddad is living here and might be walking through at any time, but when HRH is there it serves the extra purpose of watching out for him. I couldn't possibly fall asleep anywhere but our bedroom any more - I'd be waiting for the next shoe to drop.

I read that taking my probiotic capsule on a empty stomach in the morning is best, and I think since then AR has been even better. A little puzzle, since thyroid med must be taken very FIRST thing, but in a half-hour or so I add the probiotic. Ever since thyroid med was prescribed, early breakfasts are just too impossible anyway - if that's a way to lose weight as some believe, I just won't have that help.

I threw that picante sauce out in the trash. Life is too short to fool with that stuff. Some tomato-y products do fine, but the ones that bother me are best tossed. I regret not writing down the name of a spaghetti sauce that surprised me with some discomfort. Most don't do that.

Continue to have no problem at all with Fage yogurt though other yogurts can be iffy.

albana

Postby albana » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:32 am

It is like a puzzle! I'm always wondering how to time my medications and supplements to get everything just right. I have to take my vitamins with food, while my probiotics need to be on an empty stomach; it's a lot to keep track of! I'm glad to hear your diet is solid and healthy. It sounds like you're managing it well. Your healthy habits could even lower the premiums to your inexpensive health insurance!
Last edited by albana on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:25 am

I kwym I have to take my thyroid in the morning w/out food, others with food or not on an empty tummy, I take my mulitivit. then I've started breaking it in half this week.

I finally got in my exercise on the ex. bike this evening after dinner after the grand kids left and I vacuumed the basement too.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:36 am

albana, I never thanked you for your response regarding Lipitor.

My dmom also takes thyroid meds so those have to go down before eating, then the rest of the meds later. She's having trouble remembering to get that second round in sometimes.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Today I've hooked my bra on the third hook in instead of the last hook that's a good thing!
My wt. is the same but clothes are fitting differently in a good way. Yea!

B.S. was up again today.

albana

Postby albana » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:albana, I never thanked you for your response regarding Lipitor.

My dmom also takes thyroid meds so those have to go down before eating, then the rest of the meds later. She's having trouble remembering to get that second round in sometimes.

It's my pleasure! :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:01 pm

BS is down a bit today yea for that! Walking and house work were my exercise yesterday.
It took me an hour to spiff the kitchen counters and pick up the house.

Today I did some more house work and 4 mi. on the exercise bike for my exercise.
Food log is up to date.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:50 pm

I walked a half mile last night enjoying the lights last night after dinner with the warmer temps it was perfect. One of the nice things about not having any snow here!

My weight is the same this week grateful that it's not gone up during this holiday season. :mrgreen: What a blessing!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Nancy, I doubt that my weight is the same and I'm not ready to find out. Trying to decide what I can change in the New Year. Trainer again? Private yoga or Pilates? I seem to have trouble getting there when it's just a class I can blow off.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Questions: What are you all using for protein powder? And what are you using for probiotic, acidophilus?

I am trying to get more water, less coffee, more vegetables, and more exercise. Sitting for hours at a time at my desk is not good for me. I get up and walk out to the mailbox after every check/envelope but that simply is not enough.

Return to “Healthy Habits”