Health and Fitness February, 2012

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness February, 2012

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:40 am

6 pounds is very impressive to me, Harmony! Those mirrors in stores with florescent lighting ARE the worst views of a person EVER, you know that, right?

Speaking of looking good - Nancy, I hope the photos taken at the bikers get-together turn out great.

I did T-Tapp Total Workout again this evening, 55 minutes.
So now I have 6 hours, 5 mins toward my 10-hour Feb. goal.

Not feeling that "Amazon Woman" feeling yet, but I am getting through every move and feeling well afterward. Trying to remember to keep tummy in to do my best at trimming there. I think every other day is good for me right now.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:50 pm

I think some of that is water weight. I had to buy smaller size of my new thimble as other one was falling off my fingers too much. It had started out just right. I just don't like the way I look. I'm sure my ratio has changed for the worse, I can see it. Yep, those mirrors are horrible. Also bad is trying on dresses with tennis shoes, no hose, bad bra, yikes!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Did time on the ex. bike yesterday for my ex. and wall push ups.
I need to get going on that today. x
weight #160 did that this week. Up #2 water I think.
I got the miles up to 900 on my ex. bike it had 348 last summer when I got it [used].
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Something interesting in the world of sports for those of us wondering about gluten-free: golfer and tennis player credit gluten-free diet

55 minutes of T-Tapp Total this evening
7 hours toward my 10-hour goal this month.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:24 pm

T-Tapp Total 55 minute workout this evening.
7 hours 55 minutes toward February's 10-hour goal.

Had a nice salad with lentils this evening. Had it planned for right after exercise. Remembered all my supplements at the right times today - something that had started getting away from me a little bit.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:54 am

Yesterday after lunch I walked on the dike by the river w/ dson & their dog that was a nice change! Then later did another mile walk here at home.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:25 pm

A dog sure is a great walking companion, Nancy. Did the little neighbor dog who squeezed through the fence to walk with you get home without much trouble? Probably wishes he/she could go again!

Our dog Sammie makes my ddad's walks happier. My ddad loves that moment when he walks out the door and Sammie bounds up to him ready to go.

Dd13 is getting strength back in her knee and not complaining nearly as much with pain these days, so the therapy seems to be the right track. She does the biking part most days as soon as she can after school to catch the sunshine, which isn't easy since her last bell is at 4:15. With the recent wind, she had to miss days, but I'm just grateful she's even had a chance considering what the winter weather could have been like.

I did the Total 55 minute workout again tonight - have been pretty faithful with it every-other-day.
8 hours 50 minutes toward the 10-hour goal now.

I may get in an additional shorter workout tomorrow so that I'll be sure to meet my month-end goal a day early. It would be nice to measure on the 1st of the month for convenient record-keeping, and that would give my muscles time to rest and let go of any swelling by then.

This month of building up tough workout length has been great for stamina, of course, and hopefully for a little trimming (we'll see), but weight loss completely stalled. Not such a surprise.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm

I did get in a shorter workout to help the month run out with time for rest.
30 minutes T-Tapp Arms tonight
So, 9 hours 20 minutes done this month.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:39 am

Yes the little neighbor dog made it home.

I did 5 mi. on the ex. bike yesterday.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 am

I made my Feb workout goal with stretching and another shorter workout. So today I need to remember to eat well, drink all my water and see if tomorrow shows any improvement.

I was really interested in an article yesterday about a research team who proved that omega-3 fatty acids slowed brain aging. Cool. The only recommendation came from a doctor who was just commenting on the research, not part of it, but he suggested a lot more DHA in a supplement than is in the one I take. I wondered about that and looked up Dr. Oz' rec and it was a lot more, too. Hmmm... ... I take it mostly because I'd like to reduce my triglicerides. It made me remember our family's years of wondering why there was such difference in the cognitive ability of my dmother and her identical twin sister into their old age, and how we considered my mother's every-day tuna fish sandwich lunches while teaching school as a possible help to her. Of course now, they say tuna may not be as good for us anymore in case it is contaminated with mercury! Sigh. I'll go back and see what Dr. Oz says again.

Return to “Healthy Habits”