Health and Fitness February, 2012

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness February, 2012

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Arm work out is done.
Did 5 mi. on exercise bike today this afternoon as it's still a bit cool for me to walk and dgd is here.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:43 am

Weight has not changed but I took my 2nd-3-weeks of 2012 measurements this morning and between 3 midsection points of waist, abs and hips have lost 1.25 inches over these first 6 weeks of 2012. So there's a little success there, even if slow smidgens. I notice the most of it was lost in the 1st 3 weeks, before I switched from T-Tapp to the Biggest Loser workout.

So I can't help but have a renewed interest in T-Tapp, but the new/old VHS tape of step I used to do around '96-'97 has arrived so I'll be checking that out for extra variety.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:31 pm

I did the first set, 35 that's apx. half of my 75 wall push ups this morning.
5 mi. on the ex. bike is done now.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:38 pm

tried pilates class today. That was a huge workout for me - unable to do all the moves.
missed my yoga classes this week. just because. no real reason just not organised and not moved otd in the needed time..
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Nancy, you have strengthened so much and built your stamina.

Lynlee that sounds like the wisest use of your time in Pilates class. The point is that you challenge yourself and it sounds like you really are. Think how much more you can do than when you started yoga.

Happy for LisaB getting to open PWYC this morning with such great bootcamp news. (She's lost 16.5 pounds!!!! and she's starting another round with her bootcamp group!) You are going to be one beautiful mother of the groom, Lisa.

This evening I managed T-Tapp Total Workout of 55 minutes without missing any of the moves.
So, 5 hours 10 minutes so far in February, headed to my goal of 10 hours in this 29-day month.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 pm

The Mercola email today explained good reasons to try to keep your fructose and other sugars under 25 grams a day. Fructose converts directly to fat more readily than any other sugar. It is also known to raise triglycerides significantly. Of course actual fruits give the body micronutrients, so they are helpful, but unnatural fructose especially "high fructose corn syrup" in prepared foods is not good.

I was doing great until I slipped up and put plenty of honey into some plain yogurt without thinking. Unfortunately, then I just gave up and had cocoa! I'll try again another day. Not quite enough veggies/fruits today, and also they were all at the same meal which is not the best.
Flax Muffin, a little butter
Big salad with added coleslaw and lentils
Yogurt and honey
Pasta with beef, parmesan
Hot cocoa

A day off from exercise, since the workout was long last evening. Considering every other day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Thanks Harriet did extra walking today it felt good, walked home from my turn around point had h. drop me off on the way home then I did the loop and a friend joined me and I did the full walk as we talked it was good to catch up on news and enjoy the warmer temps. and sun today. 8-)

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:03 am

/You are right Harriet. yoga was what I needed when I started. I want too see if I can get to both /yoga x2 and pilates classes. It will be a stretch. I'm stiff today.
I have not been eating well lately. missing meals regularly. Also eating things with hideous sugar counts.

Well done to Lisa on weight loss, and to Harriet in inches lost. That counts too.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:05 pm

BWTG Lisa and Harriet. And Nancy. You gals are an inspiration.

I am down 6 lbs. since day before Christmas. Bad news is that in front of 3-way mirrors in stores is disappointing, showing me how unfit I am. Toned. I seriously need toned. Considering how to do that.

I've been walking a lot and eating a lot of soup. I always lose a little when I do that combination.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

I did not weigh in this week.
Walked half mi. had h. stop at the corner up the road and let me out so I could walk home on at least part of my route. Did some shopping so some walking there too.

Return to “Healthy Habits”